NewMexicoDawG

Reaction score
4 Days and counting til the Ukulele gets here OMG OMG get here Ukulele LoL
I feel like a child at Xmas Rofl:smileybounce::

Craig aka NewMexicoDawG

One Love
Thank You ukulele Underground for showing me the
Beauty of the Ukulele:smileybounce::shaka::D

I know what you mean! I'm waiting on a Risa Solid Soprano, which is destined to be my backpack uke. Perfect for hiking with in the East Mountains. It should arrive this week.

it is addicting, 'innit?

An I dont even have my 1st ukulele

you're already suffering from what appears to be a full blown case of the u.a.s.
don't despair, it's a world wide epidemic.:D

my friend, you are about to embark on a beautiful (and fun) journery. welcome.

I know what you mean! I'm waiting on a Risa Solid Soprano, which is destined to be my backpack uke. Perfect for hiking with in the East Mountains. It should arrive this week.

I have one (tenor size) and I used as my backpack uke!!!!! you will love it!!! by the way...which amp are u gonna use???

and yeah...it feels sooo great when a uke is about to come home!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shaka:

stoke the fire

Yes, that Kala flamed Maple is beautiful. It has an abalone rosette which is a nice touch. And the soprano size gives you that cool uke sound. Some of the other ukes sound more like a guitar. When I first got mine, I was impressed at how bell-like the plucked strings were. I felt like I was playing a harp on those tunes.

If you want to try a little melodic ukulele, this is a great free find:

http://ukulelehunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/solobuch.pdf

It's in German, but it has a nice range of folk and classical pieces. Their "Home on the Range" is pretty easy for a beginner, along with "Amazing Grace", "Aura Lee" and "Scarborough Fair". "Freude, shoner Gotterfunke" is Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" and "Guten Abend, gute Nacht" is Brahm's lullaby and is a great piece to end the day with.

–Lori

muahahahaha 3 days and some hours LoL

I will most def post a vid of me unwrapping it since it was a Bday gift may 16th btw LoL 31 OmG 1st instrument I can'ttttt waiiiiitttttt:shaka::rock:I cant even play yet so I am gonna look wayyyy dorky LoL

NewMexicoDawG
One Love

Thank You Ukulele UnderGround for show me the beauty of the Ukulele:D

oooo,oooo, oooo! I'm excited for you! Makes me wanna buy another. The waiting is killer! How great would it be to live close to a music store with ukes. You could go in and play some and choose one or two and take it home the very same day and you wouldn't have to look out the window every time you hear a truck of some sort even though you just ordered it 10 minutes ago.

Prays To UPS gods LoL

I know right grrrrr The Ups man get here I says LoL:shaka:

NewMexicoDawG
One Love

Thank you Ukulele Underground for showing me the beauty of the Ukulele

I believe we all know the feeling :) My new one isn't even started yet and I already want it here!!!

Tehee, I was so stoked when my Uke arrived. Then I noticed I needed a tuner. Another agonizing week of waiting, boohoo.

Day3 of waiting LOL

yeah I lucked out with my setup from MgM it comes with a Fzone electric Tuner:)

NewMexicoDawG
One Love

Thank U UkuleleUnderground for showing me the beauty
of the Ukulele:shaka::D:music:

There's always something special about your first ukulele. This thread made me want to buy another uke, and I ended up buying a KoAloha tenor last night. Beware, UAS will soon become a part of your everyday life! Enjoy.

I really do wonder what it is about the ukulele that makes people want more and more of them. I am a victim.... 2 kalas, and looking for a custom in the near future. My wallet is gunna hate me!:( But its for the UAS so its all good!:D

A Kala with a solid top is a great place to start. Good choice.

Congratulations, and welcome to addiction. :D

oooo,oooo, oooo! I'm excited for you! Makes me wanna buy another. The waiting is killer! How great would it be to live close to a music store with ukes. You could go in and play some and choose one or two and take it home the very same day and you wouldn't have to look out the window every time you hear a truck of some sort even though you just ordered it 10 minutes ago.

:) i love living in Hawaii.... i got bored today, so i hit two or three music stores, looking for an external pickup.... but ended up hanging out for a few hours in each store playing all the ukes.... and when i got my KoAloha, i went one day, took the tour, then went back the next day and bought it...

Top Bottom