Stuff People Say to Ukulele Players

Some thing I get often is "stop playing" often with "PLEASE stop singing."

Hahahahaha, Maki! This is awesome! Yes, it seems that some folks still don't see the ukulele as a "serious instrument", but that's part of what I love about it-- the challenge of "making it work", of not having anything really to hide behind. I think it's so fun to take any given song, strip it down to its essentials, and develop a cool personal version of it utilizing nothing but a uke and a voice! And there are thousands of songs to choose from (or we can make up our own). It's just pure, simple music... pure, simple fun!

The tuning bit was right on the money!

At a family gathering, my sister once said..."ENOUGH!"

There are a number of far too serious guitarists in my family so everyone enjoys my uke as it reduces the pretentiousness levels in the room immediately. Part of why I enjoy my uke far more than my guitar also!

Haha! My 32 year old son came to visit me with his new girlfriend yesterday. I started playing and singing to them (at their request) and when I finished the song and looked up THEY WERE BOTH SOUND ASLEEP!!! lol
Luved this post John. Thanks for posting.

Hey, my husband can fall asleep before I get to the 3rd measure if he’s sitting down. Practice works as a sedative. Did I say he’s my bass player? Stress of performing keeps him awake when he’s playing and not just listening to me.

Love the Do you know...? Sure and Jake’s always over too.

Haha! My 32 year old son came to visit me with his new girlfriend yesterday. I started playing and singing to them (at their request) and when I finished the song and looked up THEY WERE BOTH SOUND ASLEEP!!! lol
Luved this post John. Thanks for posting.

Doggone it, Dave, we're going to have to give some of those relatives of yours a good talkin' to !!

Doggone it, Dave, we're going to have to give some of those relatives of yours a good talkin' to !!

Haha mate! The general feeling amongst my friends and family is that I'm a pain. I even tend to (quietly) strum a guitar or uke whilst watching TV. I think they'd rather I took up a quiet hobby, like reading. lol

Well, they may think you're a pain, but WE love you here !! I'd like to see THEM handle all those Freddie and the Dreamers key changes !!
And how about Ukecaster's sister saying "ENOUGH!" Can you believe that???!!!
Finally, I think Pirate Jim makes a great point about how the ukulele facilitates "PLR" (pretentiousness level reduction) !!

Well, they may think you're a pain, but WE love you here !! I'd like to see THEM handle all those Freddie and the Dreamers key changes !!
And how about Ukecaster's sister saying "ENOUGH!" Can you believe that???!!!
Finally, I think Pirate Jim makes a great point about how the ukulele facilitates "PLR" (pretentiousness level reduction) !!

Haha! Indeed mate. X

Top Bottom