Mark Baker Workshops

Osprey

Reaction score
On this past Saturday, our local music store sponsored Mark Baker for a couple of workshops and a concert. He was great. I learned more in those two workshops than I have learned from any other workshop. We worked on learning the C pentatonic scale and then applying it to songs. In the 2nd session we learned how to move the scale up the fretboard and change keys. Not over the top music theory but practical information. It’s stuff I kinda knew, but Mark was able to present it in a way that made me think that “Hey, that’s stuff I can use.” Mark’s concert was very enjoyable. He has a great voice and a playing style that complements it. If you have a chance to take a workshop from Mark, jump at the chance you won’t forget it.

I have been playing for about a 5 years now and boy, do I still have a lot to learn. Now on to Sturmmin’ Man Uke Fest this coming weekend if the hurricane does not blow us away.

Glad you enjoyed Mark, he's an entertainer for sure. He's the guy who started the Sun City Ukulele Club and the guy I learned from, basically. And a friend and neighbor...

He'll be in Houston this weekend...
http://markbakermusicaz.com/

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Cliff, there are so many great players and teachers that I don't know about. It is always nice when you have that "light bulb" moment. Enjoy your upcoming Strumming Man Uke Fest.......I love that name. It is t-shirt worthy.

Thanks for sharing Cliff, there are so many great players and teachers that I don't know about. It is always nice when you have that "light bulb" moment. Enjoy your upcoming Strumming Man Uke Fest.......I love that name. It is t-shirt worthy.

There will be t-shirts. I have at least one for sure. I just hope this Hurricane blows through in time for the festival. It should hit on Wednesday so by Friday things should have settled down. It’s a fast moving storm.

Top Bottom