Zoom H2

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
soo i'm looking for a good mic to record stuff with, john pointed me towards the Zoom H2

Zoom H2

it looks amazing, anyone ever use one of these that could back what this guy is saying on the vid? He records different things with it in the vid and on the sidebar you can listen to what he records.. not sure if he edits it after but it sounds really good

anyone ever work with one of these?

yup im looking to get a microphone to start getting better sound quality in my vids

soo i'm looking for a good mic to record stuff with, john pointed me towards the Zoom H2

Zoom H2

it looks amazing, anyone ever use one of these that could back what this guy is saying on the vid? He records different things with it in the vid and on the sidebar you can listen to what he records.. not sure if he edits it after but it sounds really good

anyone ever work with one of these?

The COUP (Central Ohio Ukulele Peeps) has a few members that own them. They do kick major bootie. You will not be disappointed with one.

Ken Middleton uses one... One of the reason Why I got one...

After some research, I actually got one from my local Bestbuy. Way better than my Digital Camera Mic or my webcam Mic. The ukulele and my voice (as bad as it is) comes out vey clear thru the recording. Before then, I get alot of distortion..

My wife had to teach a Filipino (Tagalog) Folk Song to her 5th grade students and I recorded myself singing "Bahay Kubo" while playing the Uke. She wanted something that her students would be able to sing along with... It sounded great burnt on a CD... true stereo sound..

Last edited:
Yes, I use one. It records in mono, stereo and quad. You can plug it in the mains, use batteries or USB. Use it as a mic or a recorder. Takes an SD card.

Down side: the display is very small, does not have a re-chargeable battery. Otherwise it is brilliant.

Last edited:
I recently bought one of these. No complaints so far. Good recording quality and does everything it's supposed to.

I think its a great recording tool. It allows for an adjustable Gain and input volume control so you can really cut out unwanted noise or make the mic more sensitive to a level of your choosing.

I bought one and love it. I record every show we do with it either through the built in mics (4) or line in. The battery life is great. I have NiMH bats and can record for 3 or 4 hours without chaging batteries. I have no idea how long until they would go dead. It can function as a USB mic but I haven't tried that yet. I bought mine on Ebay from unique_squared_inc and got free shipping an additonal 4GB SD card and a silicone jacket for $179.

Its great to be able to sit around and record what you are playing, and if you like it, suck it into Audacity and bam you have a really nice souning MP3 to share. Everyone one that hears it can't believe it came from the recorder.

Last edited:
I was between this mic and a Blue Snowball Mic. I went with the blue or cost:quality and the fact that it works plug-n-play with PCs and Macs. :)

ya tell me about it, oh well maybe an early bday present or something.. but i think i did see it for $124 online somewhere.. not sure though, but ya this thing seems legit

Yes, I use one. It records in mono, stereo and quad. You can plug it in the mains, use batteries or USB. Use it as a mic or a recorder. Takes an SD card.

Down side: the display is very small, does not have a re-chargeable battery. Otherwise it is brilliant.

your videos sound like they have amazing quality.. do you edit them at all after you record?

No editing... He's just Amazing

Actually I think he's said he uses Audacity, if I'm not mistaken -- which of course has nothing to do with how great he is at what he does!

I use Audacity too, and it's fairly easy to get the hang of and pretty good for free.

ya i downloaded audacity last night.. but the only mic i have is built into my computer so of course it's pretty crappy. won't really get a hang to it until i get a decent mic

ya i downloaded audacity last night.. but the only mic i have is built into my computer so of course it's pretty crappy. won't really get a hang to it until i get a decent mic

Just about any microphone will be better than using the one built into the computer. I used to use a big old mic that did the job just fine. The H2 is really convenient though and easy to use. You get clear results every time.

I just plug it straight into Audacity through the USB cable. Before I create the MP3 I trim the start and fade out the end. I then sometimes add a touch of upper EQ (particularly if I recorded it in a room with curtains and carpets), some gverb and normalise (to get the levels as high as possible). I then produce an MP3 which I use with Movie Maker.

KEN

Just about any microphone will be better than using the one built into the computer. I used to use a big old mic that did the job just fine. The H2 is really convenient though and easy to use. You get clear results every time.

I just plug it straight into Audacity through the USB cable. Before I create the MP3 I trim the start and fade out the end. I then sometimes add a touch of upper EQ (particularly if I recorded it in a room with curtains and carpets), some gverb and normalise (to get the levels as high as possible). I then produce an MP3 which I use with Movie Maker.

KEN

Ken, you can get better results with "gain" using the VST plugin called the "Master Limiter" which can be found lots of places for free. I use it with MixCraft.

Top Bottom