Multiple Concert Scale Ukes for Sale

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
As I play tenor almost exclusively now and am also exploring guitars, it probably makes sense to sell all but one of my concerts. So, I'm listing them here so the market can help me decide.

While I don't actually want to sell any of these, I simply have too many ukes and need to pare down. I have sold other phenomenal ukes and discovered that to my surprise, I actually survived.

I have bought and sold dozens of ukes and made many wonderful friends in these transactions. My ukes are always well cared for and kept at proper humidity levels. I offer a 3-day inspection period. If you're not happy with it, simply return it in the same condition and I will refund all but the shipping cost.

Ground shipping CONUS included in the prices below. Will ship faster and/or elsewhere with additional charge.

Collings UC3MSB. $2,700. On Hold.
This is literally a one-of-a-kind uke. Spruce top, gorgeous quilted maple body with a cherry sunburst finish. This is the only one Collings ever made in cherry sunburst; the others were all tangerine sunburst. Excellent condition. Includes glove-like fitting Collings case.

Here is the original listing to the exact uke:
https://www.theukulelesite.com/collings-concert-uc3msb-1443.html

Josh Rieck 16" Concert, Torrefied Spruce/Quilted Sapele. SOLD (pending payment).
This is a concert uke with a tenor-like tone. Outstanding for finger style and because of that I have always had it strung linear ("low g"). If you held a gun to my head and told me I could only keep one uke out of all of my ukes (not just my concerts), this might the one as the 16" size offers great versatility. Includes Crossrock 1000 case. New this uke would sell for about $3,000 + case upgrade.

In-progress build and finished photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskWpKhWE

There is a small mark on the top that does not break the finish, as confirmed by luthier-to-the-stars David Neely. The mark is most visible from a side angle (as in pic) and from other angles it's not really noticeable. Aside from that, it's in excellent condition. Photo of mark:

[

Here is my original write-up:
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...Rieck-Torrefied-Spruce-Sapele-16-quot-Concert

Takumi 3K. SOLD.
All koa Takumi concert. The wider lower bout on these Takumi concerts really adds to their tone. In as-new condition.

Here is the original listing to the exact uke with pics and sound sample:
https://www.theukulelesite.com/takumi-concert-tk-3c-2.html

KoAloha All Mahogany Longneck Soprano. On Hold.
These limited run all 'hog KoAloha's sound great. I mentioned this in another WTB thread and several people instantly wanted it, so there's a buyer and back-up buyer for this one if I do sell it (waiting to see what happens with the others I've listed above). I'd be happy to keep this one if the others all sell since it's the least expensive and I rarely play these smaller sizes.

Last edited:
Holy moly, Eddie, what a collection! I wish you were in the UK. And that I hadn't just spent my money on a new long-neck tenor.

Holy moly, Eddie, what a collection! I wish you were in the UK. And that I hadn't just spent my money on a new long-neck tenor.

I can solve your first wish, I will ship internationally at additional actual cost of shipping. But I don't have a time-machine to solve your second. ;-)

Wow, what beautiful ukuleles. I'm already daydreaming about one of them. I expect these all to sell quickly!

Beautiful Eye and ear candy! Good luck with the sales!

Holy moly, Eddie.
If these are the ones you are selling, I want to just peek at the tenors you are keeping!

WOW! that Collings is gorgeous, just out of my price range...

Geez Eddie, point that Rieck Concert somewhere else!...………….it is so tempting!

Thank you, UU. The Takumi is sold. What will go next?

@ukuleleabe; @UkerDanno; I agree on the beauty of the Collings. This was the first really high end uke I obsessed over. Given that, it's rarity, and wonderful tone, if everything else sells and I end up keeping this beauty, I won't be disappointed to say the least.

@stevejfc; It's pointing right at you, Baby! LOL. This one has actually gotten the most interest so far.

@sam13; @Joyful Uke. Thanks and I hope you are right, @Joyful Uke. The market does seem like it's slower, so I've been pleased that every one of these is getting inquiries.

@SoloRule; Yes, these are treasures and despite that I don't play concert very often, I will miss whatever sells. While I am always considering buying something else, lately it's guitars that I'm actually rotating in and out of. I play a lot more uke, but am having fun noodling with "geetars." I just picked up a great deal on a Martin 0-28VS that will arrive Friday.

@sam13; @Joyful Uke. Thanks and I hope you are right, @Joyful Uke. The market does seem like it's slower, so I've been pleased that every one of these is getting inquiries.

Confirmation of my thought that the market has been slower lately. But your ukuleles are all special ones, and I suspect a lot of people are giving it serious thought.
You are someone I would definitely trust to buy from, too.

The Takumi and the J. Rieck are both sold.

There are two people in line for the KoAloha and one who would like the Collings, conditioned upon their selling another instrument. If anyone else wants to be in line on the Collings, please PM me.

Thank you, UU!

Wow, that quilted maple with burst is something else. Best back I’ve seen on a Ukulele :drool: Good luck with the sale. Great deal considering how unique this is.

Beautiful Collings Eddie, and nice score with the Martin!

Top Bottom