Upside down PDF

Rllink

Reaction score
I got some music from a friend, and they came in PDF form. They are all upside down. I can flip them over once I open them, but then I close them and later when I open them up again they are upside down. I've saved them several times when they are the right side up and that does not seem to do anything for me. Any ideas?

There are likely less roundabout ways of doing this, but since I do a lot of scans to PDF and PDF to image file (so I can edit), here's what I'd do. Assuming you are on a computer, go to

https://pdf2png.com/

Convert the PDF files to PNGs, open them in any graphics program and rotate them 180 degrees, save, and convert to PDF once again. There are also free utility programs out there such as PdfMerge that let you join (or separate) separate pages of a PDF document. Hope this may be helpful!

bratsche

I am not sure which free PDF editor software allow for saving this kind of change.
Perhaps pdfill? You can Google it.
I you have a payd version of acrobat, bluebeam, acroplot matrix or the like, that will do the trick.

Rather than converting to png, you might consider importing it to Inkscape, which keeps vector based formats. That is a free software for graphics editing that you can find online. But a PDF editor is probably easier.

Last edited:
Are there a bunch of individual files or a single file with 'em all upside down, Rllink? If not too big in size and not too many, I'd be happy to open, turn and re-save to send back to you. Just let me know. Feel free to PM me.

Are there a bunch of individual files or a single file with 'em all upside down, Rllink? If not too big in size and not too many, I'd be happy to open, turn and re-save to send back to you. Just let me know. Feel free to PM me.
Thank you Tonya, it is kind of you to offer. There are 57 pages. I did find someone though who is going to turn them right side up. It is a friend of my wife's. So that seems to be the easiest solution, at least for me.

I suppose, anyone with a Mac would be able to do it, it's built into the regular Preview (i.e. pdf viewer) software from Apple. Or even better: anyone with Adobe Acrobat (NOT the Reader, though, the full program!), the Pdf editing software. In Adobe, you can turn the whole document and save it.

If you happen to know nobody with either option, you could just email to me. It's a matter of max. two minutes.

Top Bottom