Russ Morin Resonator Uke, Tenor scale

Ignatz

Reaction score
Tenor scale reso une made by the late, great Russ Morin. Solid sycamore body and neck, "improved" and very expensive friction tuners that have gearing in them...they look like friction tuners but tune like planetaries. National cone. One of the few remaining examples that have his hand carved hand rest. Fantastic sounding resonator. Only defect is a small grain crack 1.5 inches long that was inspected by Russ, who found it to be less than .5 mm deep, glue was injected into it and it's remained stable for 5 years.

With all the options included, this one cost me over $1200. Sadly there will never be any more Russ Morin ukes made. Asking $575 OBO. Plus actual cost of shipping to your location. Ships from New Mexico, USA.

Please feel free to request more info and photos, and please also keep in mind that all sales are final. Almost my entire instrument collection is being sold ahead of my moving overseas.

Attachments

• IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 123
This is an absolute steal. I would snap it up if I didn't already buy a Mya Moe reso here.

Tenor scale reso une made by the late, great Russ Morin. Solid sycamore body and neck, "improved" and very expensive friction tuners that have gearing in them...they look like friction tuners but tune like planetaries. National cone. One of the few remaining examples that have his hand carved hand rest. Fantastic sounding resonator. Only defect is a small grain crack 1.5 inches long that was inspected by Russ, who found it to be less than .5 mm deep, glue was injected into it and it's remained stable for 5 years.

With all the options included, this one cost me over $1200. Sadly there will never be any more Russ Morin ukes made. Asking $575 OBO. Plus actual cost of shipping to your location. Ships from New Mexico, USA.

Please feel free to request more info and photos, and please also keep in mind that all sales are final. Almost my entire instrument collection is being sold ahead of my moving overseas.

for some reason i'm unable to send or receive PM messages.
but please will you email me here.
I would like to buy this instrument and can make immediate payment.
thanks!
jon

singtomeofautumnleaves @ gmail dot com

for some reason i'm unable to send or receive PM messages.
but please will you email me here.
I would like to buy this instrument and can make immediate payment.
thanks!
jon

singtomeofautumnleaves @ gmail dot com

Some how I knew you would go for this one Jon. If I had the money, I would've gone for it. Enjoy !

Some how I knew you would go for this one Jon. If I had the money, I would've gone for it. Enjoy !

waiting to hear back from the seller, brother,
but in the meantime I've been reliably informed that the ukulele
was sold a day or two back. apparently it was posted FS on Reverb
prior to this board and was snapped up. sure hoping my informant is wrong.

Very poignant video. Great tribute. Thanks for sharing it.

Gosh, I’m feeling SO VERY SAD that I never met the man and at this point in my uke playing and life (64) just found out about him!

cause the guy who was selling it couldn't be bothered
either replying to enquiries
or closing the thread once he sold it -which happened more than a week ago.

Top Bottom