When you sell an item . . .

arktrav

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I posted on the Support the Forum Program, but have not received a response. So, I will try here, as well.

When you sell a uke, what is the customary %, or contribution, one makes to UU?

I haven't been active in a couple years so I want to know what the norm, is.

thanks,
J.C. Bryant

Uh, uh, don’t ask, don’t tell? So sue me? What feels good? Nothing expected, everything accepted? Never heard it mentioned but it makes sense and a friendly gesture is a friendly gesture.

I understand why the OP asked this question. There is another musical instrument forum that asks you to donate financially to them if you sell a product on their site. It was an open, honest and logical question to ask

Money is not everything. When you advertise in the marketplace you are actually attracting views of UU. If you look at the top of the page there is always advertising, the owners get paid for the advertising views, when you post anything on UU your are providing them with content which attracts views. If you post photos of a nice ukulele for sale you are hopefully going to get even more views. So if you sold a uke via the marketplace you have already helped the owners financially.
They know how to run their business, if they need to get money off you, they will be sending you an account. Also if they need more money to keep going, they would also be telling us. We don't need to be telling them how to run their business. Just follow the rules and be a good UU member, and you will be helping the owners more than you can imagine.

Bill. there is no advertising displayed on my computer when I visit the UU Forums website. Including the Marketplace. No Google ads. No clickthrough banner ads. Nada. Perhaps on your mobile device? So as far as I know, there is no money generated through advertising on these pages.

I didn't mean to stir up anything or anybody. I just appeciate the marketing opportunity that UU offers to this person living in SE MO. There is no way I could ever get the marketing exposure that UU offers. I appreciate it and just wanted to know how best to say "thanks". The best to you all!!

I feel you've made a contribution by supporting UU with the VIP subscription. That was a good question and shows you are a person of class.

I didn't mean to stir up anything or anybody. I just appeciate the marketing opportunity that UU offers to this person living in SE MO. There is no way I could ever get the marketing exposure that UU offers. I appreciate it and just wanted to know how best to say "thanks". The best to you all!!

I agree with you. You it's a great way to reach a targeted audience; people who play or collect ukulele(s).

I don't think you stirred up anything. It's an interesting conversation.

I'm sure UU would appreciate any size donation you might wish to make. Just go up to the "Support the Forum" button at the top. There is even a place for making a donation.

I'm glad you were able to sell your instrument.

Bill. there is no advertising displayed on my computer when I visit the UU Forums website. Including the Marketplace. No Google ads. No clickthrough banner ads. Nada. Perhaps on your mobile device? So as far as I know, there is no money generated through advertising on these pages.

I get banner ads, always have had, doesn't bother me one bit.

I don't like seeing ads so I support the site by being a VIP Member.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

I understand why the OP asked this question. There is another musical instrument forum that asks you to donate financially to them if you sell a product on their site. It was an open, honest and logical question to ask

Agreed. The owner of MandolinCafe has a prominently displayed Open Letter to Classified Users about this subject, mainly intended to shame commercial sellers who've placed their ads for high-end instruments for years on end without ever contributing anything. (That doesn't seem to be an issue here, though.) The recommended donation there is 2%, which is a lot more reasonable than using eBay, etc. Most everyday private sellers seem to willingly comply.

bratsche

Top Bottom