where do you start?

tryan

Reaction score
i realized the other day that when i pick up my uke, i invariably start either picking or strumming on a g chord. always, without thinking about it. anybody else have a go-to starting place when starting to noodle around?

seems to depend on what songs i've been playing mostly around that time. i'm easily influenced

I don't know why but I always pick C straight after I see first if its in tune.:confused:

G or C chord, because my band plays almost everything in G or C! :D

Funny, I have a natural tendency to go for the G as well. Hit the G chord, on to the C, D, back to G, then to C again, D, quick D7, homebase at G. Then I do it over with in-to-out picking. After that I pick up a book, Fretboard roadmaps or the John King Masters book and start where I left off last time.

probably on G

I probably start on G and then go to E minor. It usually starts on the first song that I am going to be strumming to.

dunno why but I usually start with A#....prolly cause I like sliding from one chord to another

I always strum a quick C F G7...

I usually hit a C chord to see if it's in tune, and then without fail, I always start strumming the first few bars of ain't she sweet, crazy G, or 12th street rag.

Hahaa, I noticed a similar thing the other day. Everytime I pick up a uke I do a slow strum of G then C. No matter what I'm playing I always do it out of habit lol. :rotfl:

Usually the first chord in the song I'm thinking about. Or the F chord, because I sing mostly in F.

most of the time i play a riff from she blinded me with science.
i dont quite know the whole song but it gets me warmed up.

Minor keys, a lot of the time. Cm bluesy 12-bar strum, Em for some tango and Dylan, Dm for some Animals' songs and some folk stuff; Am...

I always go straight for the G chord as well, both on uke and guitar.. not sure why, but i would have to say it is my favorite key to play in.

I usually stick to one song at a time, and start playing that one when I pick up the uke. Right now, it's A, since I'm playing "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window". Last week, I always started out with an F, and continued into the lovely opening lick of "Something".

In fact, last week I was thinking about what to play if I picked up somebody else's ukulele :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom