Dedicated Review Section

Witters

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been suggested but what about a section that only deals with reviews?

At least a million posts a month asks about this Uke and that pick up, etc etc.
But if everyone did a review on the Uke's that they have it would be a great place to start looking for any newbie as well as those who simply want to see what people think of the Uke that they have, and those looking for a change.
That could also apply to Uke related stuff, pick ups, cases, etc - even song books.

For ukes there is a Review section on the main page. I think a lot of people don't take time to actually review thier ukes though so it is kind of lacking.

I have two ukes reviewed on their and a third coming after I have more time to play it.

If it were a section in the forums I think a lot of reviews would get lost in the mix. And it seems people have problems using the search function so we would probably get some of the same questions. I think it boils down to lazieness of people. Why search for an answer when I can just ask and someone else will do the work.

Yes I saw the main page but I don't think people take the time to bother as was just said.

However, I think here is a better option anyway because other people can interact with the reviewer and ask questions that may not be in the review itself.

Yes I saw the main page

Doh, I didn't even see that, yea a dedicated sub forum would be sweet, think it would get a lot more attention and people more willingly add reviews. Can't be too hard to add another sub forum

Last edited:
The review section is rather distant from the forum, and almost seems like a world apart, on some other site. It's not interactive like the forum - you can't post a comment, offer your own opinion, challenge a review - it's a monologue, not a dialogue. I have read it, but don't care for it.

It's also constained by the approved list of makers. While large, it's not comprehensive. I wanted to post a review of Tom Guy's cigar box uke recently, but there was no category for it. I would have to email the staff at UU, wait for them to create a section and them write a review. By then the momentum is gone.

I run a forum dedicated to tequila. I created a special area for tasting notes. Every review of a product is accompanied by a poll so members can share their opinion by voting on a standard form, and every member can post a comment after the original review. I much prefer reviews embedded within the forum model than external to it.​

I have sent in 2 reviews now via the link and neither of them have been posted in the reviews section.

That could mean that they were not good enough, or a number of reasons, so I still think it is a good idea to have a dedicated one on these pages that everyone can imput to and that everyone can read.

I have sent in 2 reviews now via the link and neither of them have been posted in the reviews section.

That could mean that they were not good enough, or a number of reasons, so I still think it is a good idea to have a dedicated one on these pages that everyone can imput to and that everyone can read.

The problem is that Rayan is the only one who is responsible for the review section and he has a whole lot of work to do... so I heard of many people that they wrote a review but it didn't get posted yet. write Rayan an email (if his PM box is full^^) and ask him to do it, might help...

I run a forum dedicated to tequila. I created a special area for tasting notes. Every review of a product is accompanied by a poll so members can share their opinion by voting on a standard form, and every member can post a comment after the original review. I much prefer reviews embedded within the forum model than external to it.

Probably the next step from that would be whatever badgerandblade are using in their vbulletin system, e.g.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1779

(wetshaving is my other 'odd' hobby)

Looks like it might be something to pay for though...

Around January this year, there was talk of outsourcing the review section and I believe fellow member ricdoug had raised his hand. After that, I wonder how things went...

(for some reason I can't find the thread through the search function anymore > ah, here we go)

Last edited:
Around January this year, there was talk of outsourcing the review section and I believe fellow member ricdoug had raised his hand. After that, I wonder how things went...

(for some reason I can't find the thread through the search function anymore > ah, here we go)
Here's Ryan's answer . . .

Top Bottom