Vintage Bruko Baritone $150.00 shipped

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Last edited:
I have looked and looked at that one! I'm surprised it's been there so long.

The reputed high action on a Bruko combined with the age and vulnerability of the longer bari neck (plus the one piece bridge/saddle) has scared me off so far...

Does anyone else here play a vintage Bruko bari like this?
Are all Brukos, new and old, solid wood?

Last edited:
That one has 4mm action on bass side, 3mm on treble side. I’m pretty sure they are always solid wood.

Wow, if it weren't for that, this would be a steal. My Bruko bari was about 3mm all across after I worked on it a bit and that was as low as I could get it. I really like closer to 2.5" so I moved it on after I got the Ono.

But hey, if you don't mind the high action or plan to stay down on the neck, this would be a good one.

I wish I had some spare funds as I think it would be a great project at that price. If it were offered on the UU forum I would love to trade for it. I might replace the bridge and go with a bridge that takes pins and a tusq or bone saddle thus giving a better possibility of lowering the action. I too would think it unlikely to be a laminated instrument. I do wish it had the name inside it. The seller is taking offers so there is a real chance for a much better price.

Top Bottom