Vintge Martin Style 51 Baritone FS - Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griole

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have a Martin Style 51 Baritone Ukulele, circa early sixties, for sale. I am the second owner. The gentleman I bought it from got it new, as a present from his dad when he was 23, and he was in his ‘80s when he sold it to me.

This is a very clean example, and while it’s not in showroom condition, you’d be hard pressed to find many in better shape, both cosmetically and functionally. Brazilian rosewood fingerboard and bridge. There’s some finish checking, a small 2" long surface crack on the top, and a few small dings, but overall, it is in excellent cosmetic shape. Functionally, it has no issues, it plays and sounds great, with low action. What I believe to be the original friction tuners are included. A set of new Grover friction tuners have been installed to replace the friction tuners that were already on it when I bought it,

The hardshell case is built like a tank, and is also in excellent condition. I don’t believe it’s original, but I really don’t know. I’ve owned this uke for about 5 years, but I just don’t play it. It deserves to go to someone who will use and appreciate it.

I’ve taken as many pictures as possible, to provide an accurate representation of it from many angles. I just can't get them to load. I also have this listed on Reverb. All pics are loaded there. If you’ve been looking for a Martin Style 51, you know how hard it is to find one in excellent condition. Understandable, since they were made around 55 years ago.

I'm asking $850, shipping and PP fees included.

I’m happy to answer any questions, or provide additional pictures. I only ship to the lower 48 states, no exceptions. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom