PDA

View Full Version : Kiwaya KTS-4 with Baggs 5.0 P/U and Case!

Mattn
10-23-2018, 10:45 AM
This unit sounds great and is in pristine condition. The tuners hold and tune well.

It is strung with Worth browns with a high G.

I would like $500 for it.

Swamp Yankee
10-24-2018, 07:56 AM
Does your Kiwaya have an ebony fretboard or rosewood? And what type of tuners does it have - friction or geared? Is there a case? Some pics of the case, fretboard and headstock would be appreciated.

Mattn
10-24-2018, 05:33 PM
Does your Kiwaya have an ebony fretboard or rosewood? And what type of tuners does it have - friction or geared? Is there a case? Some pics of the case, fretboard and headstock would be appreciated.. Hi, I will take pictures tomorrow when I am at work. I have a hard shell case that goes with it (a deluxe archtop case. The tuners are high quality friction units. I planned to replace them, but reconsidered when I used them. I am not sure about the fingerboard material. I will find out.

Take care,

—Matt

Mattn
10-25-2018, 05:20 AM
Does your Kiwaya have an ebony fretboard or rosewood? And what type of tuners does it have - friction or geared? Is there a case? Some pics of the case, fretboard and headstock would be appreciated.

Hi,

It looks like the fingerboard is rosewood (or light ebony). I took some pictures and have attached them. This is a very detailed and meticulous reproduction of an early Martin (better in some ways). I just need to play tenors...I switch between guitar and ukulele at gigs and the adjustment is too extreme with the soprano. It is a fantastic, professional instrument.

Mattn
10-25-2018, 05:26 AM

Hi,

It looks like the fingerboard is rosewood (or light ebony). I took some pictures and have attached them. This is a very detailed and meticulous reproduction of an early Martin (better in some ways). I just need to play tenors...I switch between guitar and ukulele at gigs and the adjustment is too extreme with the soprano. It is a fantastic, professional instrument.

Swamp Yankee
10-25-2018, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the photos! You don't have to sell me on Kiwayas...I'm blown away by the quality of the KTC-1 I already own. Gonna hafta think about adding this one to the collection as well....

Mattn
12-24-2018, 05:35 AM
Hi,

I am dropping the price to $450. Thanks.