NUD: Bonanza Oreo Tenor

Jerryc41

Reaction score
As soon as I saw Barry's review of this online, I ordered one - with a Freemont Soloist low-G. I love it. It looks great, and the sound is beautiful. It's more mellow than harsh. It's lightweight, but loud.

Unlike most other ukuleles, the top and sides are not separate pieces of wood. The top and part of the side is cut from one piece of black walnut. The bottom is shaped in the same way, with a strip of ash joining them.

These are made by a husband and wife team in MN. It took a little over a month to get mine.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

Wonderful Jerry. What's not to love.........cookies and ukuleles. A match made in heaven

Very nice. I just looked up one on their web site, I think the price is very good for a semi custom, depending on the details, from $340 to $400. If I didn't recently buy a Lanikai Thinline Figured Bocote A/E for $360, I would have most likely bought a Bonanza.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Welcome to the Ponderosa. ;-)

I have a laminate back cherry top super tenor. Very mellow. It's neat that even with the all wood ones, you get the countertop nut and saddle. :cool:

Unlike most other ukuleles, the top and sides are not separate pieces of wood. The top and part of the side is cut from one piece of black walnut. The bottom is shaped in the same way, with a strip of ash joining them.

Wow...solid piece of Walnut. Congratulations to adding another special Uke to your collection, Jerry.

Great! Here's another small luthier I have to support;) Just got my Fred Shields, and now I want an Oreo (concert, black walnut & aspen).

Which tuners did you get? Are you happy with them?

Well, three days into your new Oreo uke wondering how you like it? I have been watching these and would love to hear a sound sample. Any chance you might post one? How do you find the intonation up the neck?
Thanks,
Mary Ellen

Well, three days into your new Oreo uke wondering how you like it? I have been watching these and would love to hear a sound sample. Any chance you might post one? How do you find the intonation up the neck?
Thanks,
Mary Ellen

I still like it - even after almost a week! : 0

People who have played it have commented on the pleasant, mellow sound. Sorry, but I won't be posting a sound sample. I'd like to sell some of my ukes, but this one will never go.

Top Bottom