Buy Now!

Jerryc41

Reaction score
If you're contemplating a large, online, out-of-state purchase, the longer you delay, the greater the chance you'll pay sales tax. More and more states are collecting sales tax, regardless of where you live.

There! I just gave you a perfect excuse to buy that ukulele you've been wanting. :)

You like to buy things Jerry. I got a sister that thinks just like that.

Sometimes when reading posts here on UU, it seems like everyone is in a competition or race to see who can empty their bank account first.

It reminds me of the phrase: "He who dies with the most toys wins."

I think I just heard a loud sucking sound....

First one to 1,000 ukes wins!

I think Sandor Nagyszalanczy (Of the Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz) is closest to winning, then. According to a 2009 article, he then had 370 ukes. The last time I met him, I think it was over 500.

If you're contemplating a large, online, out-of-state purchase, the longer you delay, the greater the chance you'll pay sales tax. More and more states are collecting sales tax, regardless of where you live.

There! I just gave you a perfect excuse to buy that ukulele you've been wanting. :)

There is always the UU Marketplace. :)

I get charged 8% tax for all online purchases, & that does add up. But I don't have anything on my wish list right now, so hopefully my UAS is under control for now. I've thought that before, though, & had a flare up, so who knows.

Sometimes when reading posts here on UU, it seems like everyone is in a competition or race to see who can empty their bank account first.

It reminds me of the phrase: "He who dies with the most toys wins."

I have to start selling some ukes. Storage is becoming a problem - and locating the one I want.

I think Sandor Nagyszalanczy (Of the Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz) is closest to winning, then. According to a 2009 article, he then had 370 ukes. The last time I met him, I think it was over 500.

There was an article in a recent Ukulele magazine about/by someone with over 500. That's gotta be tough when the weather turns dry, and he has to start humidifying.

To encourage UAS in Europe:

Two of the biggest ukulele stores in the EU are located in Great Britain.
Hurry before brexit! Customs might apply soon...

Well.... technically they already do this, but people just don't pay it, and it's hard to track.
When you do your taxes, there's a part called "use tax" that you're supposed to declare, but most dont.
The stuff you purchased from out of state untaxed, you're supposed to pay tax at the sales tax rate of your state at the time you pay your state taxes.

Jerry gave me this advice last week. But I hesitated and lost out on a dream Ko’olau tenor. It will always be the one that got away.

Jerry gave me this advice last week. But I hesitated and lost out on a dream Ko’olau tenor. It will always be the one that got away.

Aren't there two approaches to the whole thing, the one that you better get it quick before someone else does, or the one that there will always be another ukulele?

Top Bottom