KPK ukuleles?

Ziret

Reaction score
At one time there was quite a bit of buzz about KPK ukes, but I haven't seen anything recently--no one has even sold a used one. They seem well priced and appear to be well made. Any opinions about them?

I have one of the new generation. A long neck soprano. It's solid acacia and very beautiful wood. It's rather heavy, specially the neck. I just don't like the light banjo like sound it has. I don't know if this is a characteristics of acacia since I don't have another acacia. I've tried with different strings. Right now it has Worth browns, and it's better for my taste. Need to keep trying strings to see if there's a magic combination, but for the time being, as much as I'd like to bond to it, I'm still struggling to like it. Other than that, it' OK

Eugenio

I have one of the newer ones (a tenor). I like the sound and feel, but like Eugenio said, it's very heavy. I'm not sure what he means by a "banjo-like sound," though. Mine sounds sweet.

I have an older tenor and love it..Sounds great with Worth strings..I dont use it for performances..It lives in my car so Im always ready for a jam..

I have one of the new generation. A long neck soprano. It's solid acacia and very beautiful wood. It's rather heavy, specially the neck. I just don't like the light banjo like sound it has. I don't know if this is a characteristics of acacia since I don't have another acacia. I've tried with different strings. Right now it has Worth browns, and it's better for my taste. Need to keep trying strings to see if there's a magic combination, but for the time being, as much as I'd like to bond to it, I'm still struggling to like it. Other than that, it' OK

Eugenio

This is a perfect description of the KPK longneck pineapple I bought. It sounded bad. No string set seemed to help, from Worths to Kala Pearls. It was too heavy. I imagine the soundboard was too thick to really move. Nothing to be done about it but move on. I sent it with our mission team to be given to our friends in Haiti.

Top Bottom