Ukes and stickers, the effects.

megamatt

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has noticed a detrimental effect on the sound of their uke from putting a sticker on it. I've got a UU sticker on my tenor and I haven't noticed a difference but what about any of you?

I don't think theres any difference

imho, too many stickers may affect the vibration of the soundboard. tho i think to most untrained ears the change would be minute. good luck peeling it off without damaging the finish.

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed a detrimental effect on the sound of their uke from putting a sticker on it. I've got a UU sticker on my tenor and I haven't noticed a difference but what about any of you?

Is it on the back? Sticker on the back will have little or no effect, but put it on the top soundboard and depending on size of sticker it will absorb some of the vibrations and effect the sound negatively.

I wouldn't mind putting some stickers on my cheap (20$) 'ukes (which I refer to as crap-o-leles because the are hardly playable).
But I would never put anything on my Martin or Kanile'a, not even on my plastic Islander :stop:

Thanks for the input folks! I'm not going to put all of what I was going to on there. I had planned to put a Mega Man and a Dr. Wily on but that would have been a lot of real estate on the sound board and I didn't want to chance it. I'll just be putting a very small Skull and Swords in silver on there instead.

Actually, I put the stickers on me, and leave the uke pristine...

Okay, you can apply water-slide decals to a uke without affecting the sound by any noticeable amount. I've done it on my Fluke.

another item for the UU store

Maybe the UU store should carry a line of "water slide" decals that could be placed on the ukulele. Maybe even one that doubles as a pick/ strum guard?
Just a thought...

–Lori

Top Bottom