3 uke compasison: Martins vs aNueNue

I can't make my mind up so I'll have one of each please John! lol
Seriously, I'm not experienced enough to really give comment, but I love the bright sound of number 3.

#2. I thought that the '40s Martin offered more clarity to each individual string as opposed to the '60s Martin. On the first playthrough, I liked the brightness of the Anuenue, but in each successive playthrough I kept coming back to the '40s Martin. (I also thought that the Anunue was slightly out of tune and that may have affected my judgment.)

I too liked the sound of the 40s Martin the best. But that is just me. Nothing wrong with the others... What did you, the OP think?

I also like the 40's Martin best all around, both picked and strummed. However, the aNueNue sounds so sweet picked and strummed with flesh, but just a bit more trebly than the Martin when strummed harder with nails. It's brand new, so I'm assuming the tone will only improve with age and lots of playing.

Playability and action-wise, the aNueNue beats the other 2 handily, plays so smoothly all up the neck, what a setup right out of the box! When I want to just play quietly at home, it's the go-to, leave-out soprano. You can get them brand new for about $150.00 shipped, with nice gigbag on Reverb. I'd give it a high recommendation if you are looking for a quality, all solid mahogany soprano. Yeah, the tuners have ears, but for that kind of tone, at that price, I'll live with it.

Top Bottom