PDA

View Full Version : Taylor 214ce K DLX

S11LKO
11-02-2018, 03:31 PM
Hi guys and gals,

I'm still investigating options and your previous suggestions/advice for what new guitar I should buy with my limited budget and playing ability.

Do any of you own, or have you ever tried a Taylor 214ce K DLX (DLX = so I'm told, a 'deluxe model' upgraded from the standard?)

It seems to be ticking a lot of boxes for me.

What are its pros and cons?

Swamp Yankee
11-07-2018, 01:29 AM
My observations over the past few years have led me to believe this is a guitar to avoid if there is any thought that you might want to sell it later.

In my opinion, these guitars cost too much for a laminated back and sides guitar and most of that cost seems to go into what I consider to be needless bling in the form of figured veneers. The ones I've seen sold on the second hand market often sit idle until the sellers take a bath, pricewise.

If I was in the market for another GA Taylor, I'd pony up the extra money for a 300 series... not that much more money gets you an all solid wood guitar

S11LKO
11-07-2018, 03:00 AM
Thanks SwampYankee - sounds wise advice.

DownUpDave
11-07-2018, 01:07 PM
Thanks SwampYankee - sounds wise advice.

That is solid advice. I have no experience with the 214 Taylor so I had no observations. It really is a buyers market for used guitars, if you visit the Acoustic Guitar Forum you will see first had. Some great deals to be had on excellent instruments and you could get a good used 314 same or lower than a new 214. If you are going to treat yourself to another guitar, be it Taylor or Martin get an all solid wood instrument. Like me you aren't a teenager anymore so time is not on our side. Do it now while you can, you deserve it

S11LKO
11-07-2018, 08:45 PM
That is solid advice. I have no experience with the 214 Taylor so I had no observations. It really is a buyers market for used guitars, if you visit the Acoustic Guitar Forum you will see first had. Some great deals to be had on excellent instruments and you could get a good used 314 same or lower than a new 214. If you are going to treat yourself to another guitar, be it Taylor or Martin get an all solid wood instrument. Like me you aren't a teenager anymore so time is not on our side. Do it now while you can, you deserve it

Thanks Dave

SoloRule
11-08-2018, 01:56 AM
Oh Wow. Downupdave
Buy now while you can.
Now you got me thinking again
I wish I didn’t read this thread :D

S11LKO
11-08-2018, 02:16 AM
Oh Wow. Downupdave
Buy now while you can.
Now you got me thinking again
I wish I didn’t read this thread :D

Tis true though young Bren. My old mate always said before he died young: "Live for today; tomorrow is not promised!"