Clear strings opinion??

UKESTAR

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do clear stings such as the J71s kind of take away from the look of your uke. I personally think white, brown, gold or black make the uke look like the instrument it should be.

I know it is 99.9% about the sound for most of us, but anyone else with me on this one?

I kind of wish the J71s came in a Worth type brown or something....

Yea, it does look like you got some cheap fishing line on your uke. Too bad we don't get too much color options. Red stings on my Lava black uke would be nice.

I've th opposite opinion, I think clear strings are beautiful, i dislike the white one as Aquila's.
I like how the sunlight (or light in general ...) reflects into the clear strings .

i like the aquilas, they add a touch of dimension to your ukulele instead of barely seeing the strings never really like black strings tho.

Yea, it does look like you got some cheap fishing line on your uke. Too bad we don't get too much color options. Red stings on my Lava black uke would be nice.

That would look great. Kala makes some red strings but I don't know how good they are. It might be worth trying them just for the look. :cool:

I've come to prefer clear strings for both sound and looks. Sound is a lot more important to me though. It really doesn't matter what color the strings are (well, I probably wouldn't put pink strings on my uke), as long as the sound is good, I'm happy.

I could care less,

I have three different brands three different colors on one uke lol..

I've th opposite opinion, I think clear strings are beautiful, i dislike the white one as Aquila's.
I like how the sunlight (or light in general ...) reflects into the clear strings .

the aquilla's are more used for beginners
the white strings are supersoft strings that are easy to hold chords on
and their easy on the fingers
tho they do have a mediocer sound but their that not bad

the worth (clear) strings on the other hand are the top ot the line best sounding uke strings ive ever heard
but i think worth started to discontinue the colored strings
idk?

Yeah, they're red. I also read somewhere that they are made by LaBella, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are good strings.
Yep, made by LaBella. They're available at Uke World and Musicguymic. Not much info on them from the Kala site.

I'm more interested in how strings sound. Thus far, clear carbons work best for me on ukuleles. I believe Worth makes black carbons (they call them brown) but the clear ones seem brighter.

The most popular flamenco strings are either black or transparent red (and very red). Even so, I'll be experimenting with clear carbons on my flamenco guitar in 3-4 months. La Bella makes flamenco strings so it doesn't surprise me to hear that the Kala strings are red.

Ko'olau makes its gold strings (which are actually green) for ukuleles.

at first, i've always thought clear strings were just for those cheap toy ukuleles and i didn't really like it (visually). after using the worths and d'addarios, i've really changed my opinion on that haha. i've gotten used to having clear strings and don't really care for color now.

I don't have any problem with the look of clear strings. I have a set of Worth clears on one of my tenors right now, and I really like them. I do think that the worth browns look better, but I don't like the sound as much.

I have LaBella strings, which are also clear, on my other tenor. They seem to have low tension and are easy to play; they just aren't very loud. I like them though because they seem easier. I wonder if anyone else uses them?

i have clear strings on my tenor applause uke and it looks better than black strings...i admit that some clear strings on certain ukuleles make it look like some cheap ukulele you find in an ABC store or something, but others look fantastic with it.

Hmmm. For me clear strings bring the focus on the beauty of my ukulele. That koa in the sun just wasn't the same with the white Aquilas. Just my take on it......sound is what matters most.

For me, I don't really shivagit what color they are. I use clear strings because that happens to be the color(?) of the set that sounds best to me. I used to use white ones, but I did notice that when playing by the campfire, they are REALLY white, and you can't see the ukulele as well.

Have fun!

For me, I don't really shivagit what color they are. I use clear strings because that happens to be the color(?) of the set that sounds best to me. I used to use white ones, but I did notice that when playing by the campfire, they are REALLY white, and you can't see the ukulele as well.

Have fun!

Shivagit..haha

I could care less,

I have three different brands three different colors on one uke lol..

das deeeeeeee pilifino eeeen de blad........wooo hooo. just like the house downt he street from me.......pink and green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom