Hawaii by Herb Ohta played on a Kanile'a Tenor

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

I love the way Herb Ohta uses his thumb on his little Martin Soprano Ukulele. This is a slightly different version of the beautiful tune Hawaii (played in my style not Herb Ohta) that I have arranged for solo ukulele. I added the sea effect for fun.......It made me think I was actually playing it in Hawaii. I arranged and played this for a personal friend of mine who had a very serious stroke. He loved surfing and Hawaii. I hope you all enjoy! Mike

Very very nice Mike. I love the sound of the sea, but as Brenda said you need the flowery shirt :p

This is lovely. The playing is so soothing! The background sound really created the right mood. All it missing is your Hawaiian shirt!
It is one of those songs that need to be played outdoor!
Great arrangement as usual ....Young Mike !
Five Stars from Canada
Actually Brenda there is another reason why I used the Sea background sound. I had to record the video before visiting in hospital and we had a house full of people. There was so much talking over the recording that I had to try and hide it.....hence the sea background!

Love this song! Wonderful rendition, Mike!

By the way, Ohta-san had a long thumbnail which he used like a pick.
I have tried for hours to strum like Ohta-san........He certainly is unique. I try not to look at his thumbnail......It looks like a weapon of mass destruction!

Very very nice Mike. I love the sound of the sea, but as Brenda said you need the flowery shirt :p
Its so unlike me to miss an opportunity to wear a loud shirt!

It was so soothing that I could feel the breeze on my face... hope your friend has a speedy recovery.
Thank you for the kind words Joseph. I have a feeling there will be no recovery!

Beautiful, Mike. A lovely gift for your friend. Thank you for sharing.

Beth (aka TobyDog)

Aloha Mike,
Really nice playing and wonderful arrangement as well as the thought of cheering up a friend in need!

Well done, Mike. A lovely tune and your arrangement is very fine.

Beautiful, Mike. A lovely gift for your friend. Thank you for sharing.

Beth (aka TobyDog)

Absolutely wonderful arrangement & playing Mike, I also love the story about your friend & the sentiment behind it, bravo mate :D

Aloha Mike,
Really nice playing and wonderful arrangement as well as the thought of cheering up a friend in need!

A beautiful performance and a lovely sentiment for your friend. Who needs a guitar when you can make a uke sound like that?

Well done, Mike. A lovely tune and your arrangement is very fine.

Beautiful as always, Mike! I need to revisit this song again, thanks!

Thank you all for your kind remarks!
frukmana, I just realised that you play in the style of Herb Ohta.......that thumb style is not easy.......but sounds great!
Mike

Top Bottom