How do you achieve a display name change on here?

Orton Pearson

Reaction score
How do you achieve a display name change on here?

The user himself / herself cannot do it.

I have emailed Admin giving details of old and new names and sent a personal message to 8 moderators but there has been no response.

There is a thread on here which deals with this question. It advises contacting those who I have detailed above.

I have no answer to your question, but does that mean you've gone from Ukeless to having a Uke?

Yeah, you have to contact a moderator, good luck. I have a problem with, when I go to UUBass I'm not logged in, but if I go to Uke Talk first, then to UUBass it's ok. No biggy, just a pain. I messaged Ryan, but no fix or response yet and it's been a month at least.

Most forums seem to require moderator action to change a screen name. On the other hand, you could abandon what you have now and sign in with a new name. Obviously, duplicate names would not be allowed, so the moderator (or the software) would have to approve the new name. You have only 91 posts, so it's not like you'd be giving up a long history.

I have no answer to your question, but does that mean you've gone from Ukeless to having a Uke?

Yes, it's a Gear4Music Tenor with Aquila strings, tuner and gig bag. It seems to be generally OK and has no blemishes on the surfaces. By the end of this week a Soprano of a different brand should also arrive.

Yes, it's a Gear4Music Tenor with Aquila strings, tuner and gig bag. It seems to be generally OK and has no blemishes on the surfaces. By the end of this week a Soprano of a different brand should also arrive.

Congrats on your acquisitions. You'll need a name that will remain current with your procurements... lol.

John

It is a work in progress by the board's 'powers that be'. It will be current with my procurements as they will be at the end of this week. It will be 'Orton Pearson', tenor soprano.

Top Bottom