Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score
I thought it might be fun for the festive month of December to run a Beatles Video Thread. The idea is that anybody and everybody can upload a video they have recorded by the fab four anytime through December just for the fun of it. No rules.... just for people to enjoy. Can be anything Beatles related. Can be sung or instrumental. It does not matter if you have posted the song before or if anybody else has posted it. In fact we can see at the end of December which is the most popular Beatles song in terms of our Ukulele postings.
Anybody can join in and I would encourage those who perhaps just strum a few chords to upload their work......just for fun!
On the 1st of December I will post the actual thread on the Video Page and you can start posting immediately on that thread. By mentioning this now it will give players a little time to work up the material they would like to post!

I hope you like the idea and even if you do not participate in posting videos you will support those who have. It is the Beatles who got me into music in the first place and I still consider them the best band ever...... Am I showing my age!!!
Mike

Anything Beatles related is going to get my interest. I won't torture anyone with my playing, (and don't know how to make a video anyway), but will be following along with interest.

If I get myself sorted out with some software to create tabs, maybe I can at least contribute that way.

I haven't inflicted my playing on anyone through the Internet yet, but I might just have to invest in some recording gear for this party. Any suggestions?

I haven't inflicted my playing on anyone through the Internet yet, but I might just have to invest in some recording gear for this party. Any suggestions?

I just use my iPhone and Shure Mic.then use iMovie to add title

Count me in too ... brother ... sister ... and brother ...

Oops......

Last edited:

Hi UkerDanno, I appreciate your videos but the we are not posting anything until the 1st of December when I will post in the video section the start of video uploading. I can understand the confusion but I was just informing members of the forthcoming Beatles video thread so they have a little time to prepare something. Sorry again for the confusion, It will be great if you can repost on the day!
Kindest regards,
Mike

My ukulele group did "Ukestock" - 60s music for our October jam. I did my favorite Beatles song. My first time singing in front of a big group. I'll have to polish it up & do a video. This might be the catalyst for me to start recording stuff.

Count me in......ukuele brothers & sisters!

My group does "Eight Days a Week" and "When I'm 64" and "Yellow Submarine" so if I can get a video, I'll provide those.

EVERYONE, if you use a smartphone or tablet to record, PLEASE, PLEASE turn it sideways, never shoot video upright, you loose 60% of the image when viewing on computers and TV screens. People viewing on a phone can turn it sideways so there's never a reason to shoot upright.

UkerDanno's two videos are a perfect example, look how much you lose on the first one, and how much better the second is.

zDanno narrow.jpg
zDanno wide.jpg

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Last edited:
My favourite Beatles story cropped up relatively recently. When the 'Anthology 1' album was released in 1995 Pete Best (the original drummer) thought that it may contain perhaps one or two tracks that he played on. He took no notice of it. Well, it contained several more than that. His share of the eventual royalties amounted to 4 million pounds.

I thought it might be fun for the festive month of December to run a Beatles Video Thread. The idea is that anybody and everybody can upload a video they have recorded by the fab four anytime through December just for the fun of it. No rules.... just for people to enjoy. Can be anything Beatles related. Can be sung or instrumental. It does not matter if you have posted the song before or if anybody else has posted it. In fact we can see at the end of December which is the most popular Beatles song in terms of our Ukulele postings.
Anybody can join in and I would encourage those who perhaps just strum a few chords to upload their work......just for fun!
On the 1st of December I will post the actual thread on the Video Page and you can start posting immediately on that thread. By mentioning this now it will give players a little time to work up the material they would like to post!

I hope you like the idea and even if you do not participate in posting videos you will support those who have. It is the Beatles who got me into music in the first place and I still consider them the best band ever...... Am I showing my age!!!
Mike

Great idea Mike - I don't want to recycle my old stuff but if I can come up with something new I would love to join in. btw, I must be showing my age too because while the Beatles is where it all started for me, my daughters don't seem to share my enthusiasm!

Great idea Mike - I don't want to recycle my old stuff but if I can come up with something new I would love to join in. btw, I must be showing my age too because while the Beatles is where it all started for me, my daughters don't seem to share my enthusiasm!

Wow Laurence I am looking forward to see what you may come up with. I know it will be a great one.

Trying to get my courage up to post something when it's time. Anything Beatles related gets my attention. :)

Any advice for someone who has never created & posted a video? Is there a thread that tells us how to do that?

Does Amazon sell courage? LOL.

Top Bottom