Teton Solid Body Tenor Electric???

mjh42

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers
There is a Teton Solid Body Electric ukulele for sale locally. Anybody have any experience with them? Of course I looked at YouTube for video and sound. Price is within the range I'm willing to spend. Just wonder about quality of the instrument and what people might think about them. Thanks for replys.

There is a Teton Solid Body Electric ukulele for sale locally. Anybody have any experience with them? Of course I looked at YouTube for video and sound. Price is within the range I'm willing to spend. Just wonder about quality of the instrument and what people might think about them. Thanks for replys.

I have one that I got in April from a member here and it is fantastic. It's basically the only uke I play right now. I find it more difficult to play chords on then my others but for solo work it is perfect. Others rave about the neck so it's probably just my hand shape that is the issue. Nice sound and feel and having the line in for a backing track is a huge plus for me. I can solo for as long as I want and no one has to listen to it but me. No issues with the electrics either. All in all I'd say go for it, you won't regret it.

John

Yes, I think these are great and much preferred it to a Risa I had. Why did I sell? Because I moved up to a Pono electric which is even better.

You can listen through headphones through the included small internal amp. Nice design, stylish. What I especially preferred to the Risa was that it had a headstock. The type of amplifier you use largely determines the sound. Great for the price.

By the way, I have a Teton concert for sale, but can’t sell it until I am back in CA in February. Thinning out the herd. I’m a Pono electric tenor and baritone man now, but the Tetons are really nice for the money. Purchased from Mimm, who recommended them. Nice fast necks.

Thanks for the reply's. The seller wants $150 for it which if the pictures are representative and the electronics are in good shape, I think is a really good price. But I'm in this internal debate about my next uke. Do I want a resonator or something I can plug in. I want the uke sound rather than an electric guitar sound. I like a "bluesy" sound too.
I like the Godin Multiuke and of course the Pono, but the UFOS out of Italy looks interesting for a lower price. Save money for the higher end or jump on this used uke, use it to find if it fits what I want. Keep or sell as like or don't like it. Likely to run any electric through a Vox mini5 until I pick up something more fitting.

Had a workshop this PM and contacted seller-----it's SOLD.

Well I'll keep strumming what I've got and keep thinking about the next uke....

Last edited:
One other plus with the Teton is that headphone out can be connected to a bluetooth speaker for when you need a simple amp. I use a Tribit XBoom and it sounds pretty good. Makes for a great travel package or when you just want to hear yourself play without headphones.

John

Top Bottom