I'll Be Back (the Beatles)

Hi John. Yet again a cracker mate. As you know, I've been having a go recently at a few Beatles songs and posted a few over on the guitar section here on UU, but I still wouldn't have a clue how to record the harmonies and split videos of the kind YOU post
Very impressive my friend.
My collection of you grows weekly - you should put out an album! lol

Thanks, Dave! I really appreciate it! If you have an Apple computer, I highly recommend you learn how to use GarageBand. You can do multi-tracking for audio-- adding harmony and other instrumentation.

Thanks, Dave! I really appreciate it! If you have an Apple computer, I highly recommend you learn how to use GarageBand. You can do multi-tracking for audio-- adding harmony and other instrumentation.

I have an iMac John which works perfectly but will not load (due to its internal hardware) the latest Apple operating systems. So I'm still running El Capitan. Neither the latest versions of Garage Band or iMovie run under El Capitan any more, and I can't find older versions of either app to buy anywhere. So I'm stuffed really. Most 3rd apps to do the same jobs are very expensive, so I'm sort of stuck at the moment.

To be honest, I like the older version of GarageBand and have been doing all my editing on my old laptop, which has a cracked screen, is noisy, and gets hot fast. I don't know how much longer this laptop will last, but every time Apple comes out with a new version of something, it's almost like learning a totally new program. They should allow people to keep using the older stuff if they prefer by making everything compatible.

Indeed. I once had fully paid up versions of both GarageBand and iMovie, but I had to get a replacement hard disk fitted and somehow lost them. Although I still had the installation disks (yes...it WAS that long ago!) Apple would not issue me new registration codes to re-install them. I WOULD buy and learn to use the latest versions if my iMac could run them, but Apple has locked me out of doing THAT as well!
Oh well. I'll find a way soon, I hope!!

Wow. That minor to major back and forth was such a signature part of their songwriting style early on - and you can sense both Lennon AND McCartney's fingerprints all over that song! I enjoyed your performance so much John, those harmonies really evoked the Beatles's sound and put me right back there in 1965!

Thanks, Laurence! It's really amazing how many good songs they came up with in a relatively short period of several years, especially when they were busy touring in the early years.

Thanks, Campbell! Thanks, Brenda! In the background, a woman with an umbrella stops and turns around. I'm not sure what she's looking at, but I wonder if she could hear me singing? :)

Thanks, Campbell! Thanks, Brenda! In the background, a woman with an umbrella stops and turns around. I'm not sure what she's looking at, but I wonder if she could hear me singing? :)

She probably thought the Beatles were singing on the roof top !

It'd be fun to try to record something on the upstairs balcony and film the reactions of passersby. I might try it someday! :)

Nice job. I always liked this tune, which is not as widely known. It is amazing that when you listen to their albums there are so many great songs. Very few of them are filler unlike many albums you hear. It really speaks volumes about the band and of the work of George Martin in writing and selecting great material.

Thanks, EDW! Yes, the Beatles' prolific and high quality songwriting ability make it hard to imagine anyone surpassing them as the great pop music group in history, not to mention their talent, look, personality, and chemistry.
Thanks, Joseph! I really appreciate it! In my Maggie May video, a tiny dancing woman appears in the corner of the video near the end. I don't recall if anyone ever noticed it, but I like to add little bits like that once in a while. :)

Great stuff again John.......Beautiful harmonies and wonderful performance. The little greeny coloured animal singing along just cracked me up. Still laughing thinking about it.
I don't know if you look at the Uke talk thread but I proposed doing a Beatles video thread through the month of December. Just for a bit of festive fun to see how many Beatles videos we can upload. I suspect and hope you will be a main contributor!!!!!!!
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?136241-Beatles-Video-Thread-Christmas-fun!
Mike

Thanks, Mike! The Beatles thread is a great idea! I'll see if I can put something together.

Wow! Thanks again, John. You just can't go wrong with the Beatles. Have you ever covered "Two of Us" from Let it Be?
Bill

Thanks, Bill! A Japanese friend and I gave it a go several years ago, but I might give it another try someday so that I can post it on my channel. That would be a great song for incorporating harmony, which I love to do! :)

Top Bottom