Pono Pktc 1e

UKESTAR

Reaction score
I am considering getting a PONO PKTC 1E to replace my Koaloha tenor I had to send back because of some minor defects.

Anyone play a PONO PKTC E1 or own one?

Opinions?

I have not played one myself. But I keep reading good things about them.

Do a search on the bulletin board at Flea Market Music for Pono and you will find many positive reviews.

A recent thread there mentioned that some Ponos seem to have frets that may be a bit too high. Just thought you should be aware that some folks are saying this.

Sorry to hear your Koaloha didn't work out but good luck with your search for a replacement!

I've tried some koa Pono tenors (not sure if they were PKTC-E1 though) and thought they were pretty good. They didn't blow me away but they weren't bad at all. I'm not sure if I personally would take a Pono tenor over a KoAloha tenor though.

I see that MGM has a new Pono ebony/spruce cutaway tenor for sale now. Those look hot! And they cost less than the koa models. I can't possibly get it right now but it certainly piques my interest.

I've got a Pono PTO (Tenor Mahogany).
Good finish, plain wood, nice frets... and good sound.
Mahogany sounds soft... never tried a Koa Pono !
For info the parts are crafted in Java and assembled & set-up in Hawaii.
Hope it helps...

i have Pono tenor koa - PKTE-1. It have nice sound and great workmanship. Only one thing is bad on my uke, i must repair piezo when i get it..

Top Bottom