First Act Brand

pebbleInDaPacific

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been noticing that Target and Toys R Us, are carrying a brand called First Act for starting instruments. I was in there the other day and They have everything from guitars, drums, harmonicas, and even bongos.

Well, the other day I was at my sister's house and was playing with my 5 year old niece's ukulele my cousin got her for her birthday. I just noticed that it was a First Act ukulele. It wasn't bad, better than other cheap uke's i've seen. The intonation was a little off though.

Well, I just wanted to know if anyone has experience with this brand, or if it is mainly for kids? I don't know about everyone here, but as I play the ukulele more and more, I start to get more curious about playing accompanying instruments. Well, I was considering buying the harmonica they make for some Blues Traveler songs :), and the bongos for some other songs. They seem to have good prices for them and affordable when starting or experimenting with new instruments.

I used the tamborine for the body of my ukurine project...
They are, for the most part, made for for children. That said, when I start to dabble in something new, I usually look for the cheapest alternative I can get my hands on. I paid $68 for a violin with case and bow. At that price, even if it was horrible, I could hang it on the wall. Turns out its more than equal to anything I can do for the foreseeable future.

As long as you go into the purchase with the understanding that you may get what you pay for, I figure its worth the price.

I got a sweet iz First Act accordion yesterday. It's pretty righteous.

I can never tell with you bro. haha. are you joking or not? I had to goggle it and they do have accordians, but everytime you leave a one liner, it could go both ways, serious or sarcastic. :)

First Act is an interesting company. While they make cheap, beginners' instruments, they also make expensive custom guitars that are actually quite popular today by professional musicians. My experience with the instruments sold at Target and Walmart have been what I expected from an electric or acoustic guitar at the price. I would never buy or recommend them, but some may find them tolerable. I've never played their uke so I wouldn't know anything about that. However, their concertina is pretty fun to mess around with.

Pics or it didn't happen. :smileybounce:

I can never tell with you bro. haha. are you joking or not? I had to goggle it and they do have accordians, but everytime you leave a one liner, it could go both ways, serious or sarcastic. :)

364869469.jpg

iseewhatyoudid.jpg

------------------------------------

as for the first act... i have bought them for children in my life and they work great.. (2-6 years old) the reason they love them.. is that they LOOK and FEEL like a real guitar or uke! They don't have plastic buttons that make sounds and goofy stuff like that.. not that those are bad.. i love those also!! its just i find that the kids like to feel the real strings..

i think there is a thread out there about how you can fix the sponge bob uke to sound nice..

i would not use one of these as my main uke.. but for fun.. why not! and yes there other little sound toys are GREAT!! i have had a few!!

first act is what it says it is.. a first act..

one of the ukes in the "brotherhood of the traveling ukuleles" is a first act ukulele. im playing it on the initial video. its not horrible. when i was first learning the ukulele, i used that one at work so i didnt have one of my nicer ones lying around the workplace.

intonation isnt great, but when i lowered the action at the nut and saddle, it made it more tolerable. tone sounds like its made of the cardboard that you sit a birthday cake on. but it still makes music. i was content with it. cant expect too much from it, but with a little work, you can usually make any instrument playable.

Top Bottom