Help to identify my vintage banjo ukulele

I could never understand how someone could make something so beautiful and not put any kind of identification on it. It looks like those are planetary tuners, because of both the shape and the "Planet" engraved on the side.

Again - I'd say it's a Stromberg Voisinet. It appears to have been made in the late 20s early 30s. Solid, mid level. but not ultra high quality or value... The name was purchased by Kay.

At one time I owned 35 vintage banjos and banjo ukes at the same time, so, I do have a bit of experience in identifying old banjos. Google the name and look at them.. the headstock shape is distinctive, especially.

Last edited:
Again - I'd say it's a Stromberg Voisinet. It appears to have been made in the late 20s early 30s. Solid, mid level. but not ultra high quality or value... The name was purchased by Kay.

At one time I owned 35 vintage banjos and banjo ukes at the same time, so, I do have a bit of experience in identifying old banjos. Google the name and look at them.. the headstock shape is distinctive, especially.

Agree totally. Definitely a Stromberg, before I started building my own banjo ukes I used to buy second hand ones and restore them. I bought and restored a Stromberg and wished I had kept it, one of the best sounding banjo ukes I ever owned. I also learned a huge amount about building instruments by restoring older ones.

Top Bottom