Installing Strap Buttons for the Applause

bof

Reaction score
Hey I own an Applause Soprano and my question is, whether it is even possible to install them.. Could the tone suffer due to the roundback? Is it even possible to put a screw into the Lyracord- or whatever-the-material-is-called-body?

bugoy, i think he's wondering if he installs it onto the body like how the ovation guitars have the forward button mounted.

answer... it shouldnt. its possible... but it shouldnt affect the tone.

but my question is... why would you want to put a strap on a soprano? theyre so small and light, that you really dont need a strap for them. even on my tenors, i have strap buttons, but i have grown to love the feel of having the uke free. of course, for some solos, it is easier to do with a strap. but most of the time youre not going to be doing too many solos on a soprano that are too complicated, since the neck is so short. IMO a strap on a soprano would be more of a hindrance than an asset, just because of how small they are.

i have the applause tenor ukulele and it came with the strap buttons. it won't ruin the sound at all. you could do them yourself, but i suggest you have a professional do it, but like NukeDOC said, it's so small you don't need it. Even i don't use a strap. The buttons are mainly for performers....

Well if I'm standing and playing it feels a bit uncomfortable sometimes.. Well probably, you're right and I should leave it alone.

Well if I'm standing and playing it feels a bit uncomfortable sometimes.. Well probably, you're right and I should leave it alone.

i perform standing up with my pono tenor. just takes a little getting used to. but once youre comfy with it, you really rely less on the strap.

its uncomfortable for the lighter ukuleles, when i had that concert k-wave with the strap it felt really weird becuz the weight wasn't bringing the strap down fully. But now that i have a little heavier tenor it feels really good, feels like its the right fit. Good luck with that soprano, eventually you'll get use to it.

i perform standing up with my pono tenor. just takes a little getting used to. but once youre comfy with it, you really rely less on the strap.
hearing that from you with the "installing the strap button on the ukulele" makes me believe that I better leave the ukulele alone :p

Hey I own an Applause Soprano and my question is, whether it is even possible to install them.. Could the tone suffer due to the roundback? Is it even possible to put a screw into the Lyracord- or whatever-the-material-is-called-body?
Bof, maybe buy some (if possible) plastic strap holders (or make some) with a flat bottom, get some epoxy, glue the strap holders to the plastic shell, wait 24 hours, then get back to playing!...e.lo......

Last edited:
Top Bottom