Fake packaged Aquila strings

mimmo

Reaction score
Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)
Hello guys,
Our China agent taken a few pictures in a Chinese ukulele factory.
I cannot tell the name there but it is a big factory.
In these pictures these guys are packaging original aquila strings that we currently supply them in bulks (because they make ukulele for some important western uke brands) in not original envelopes.
How you can see there are many packaged strings in that box

I would like to,knows please if you have already seen this kind of envelopes around. They has our logo while the rest of the envelope is very different from the original envelopes.

Thanks
Mimmo
Aquilastrings owner & founder Italy

View attachment 113669View attachment 113670

Attachments

• 2e5b14ae-c3d1-4fdf-8260-e73427cb562f.JPG
    2e5b14ae-c3d1-4fdf-8260-e73427cb562f.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 9c741bc2-4ded-433a-ae29-2598367bdc15.jpg
    9c741bc2-4ded-433a-ae29-2598367bdc15.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 0daacfde-31c6-43f8-b51b-b390bec2a4e2.JPG
    0daacfde-31c6-43f8-b51b-b390bec2a4e2.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Mimmo, if the original picture is that size, you cannot make it bigger.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Last edited:
Mimmo, if I understand you correctly, you are selling the string in bulk to the uke mfg. Does this mean you sell it to them on reels or packaged as individual strings?

Pure speculation by me: Perhaps they are trying to give the impression that these are proprietary strings made in conjunction with Aquila. So that people will buy the strings only from them in the future?

we currently make bulk strings adressed to the chinese manufacturers. These strings are considered acessories. Sometime can happens that somebody package in secret a part of the bulk sets and sell them in the market. maybe using different envelopes. In short: it is a crime.
Mimmo

Last edited:
I hope that you are able to do something about this form of theft, but in this case at least the buyer is getting Aquila strings.

Some years back I bought a few ‘factory’ sets of Aquila strings off of eBay; fine I thought ‘cause I don’t need to pay extra for the fancy packing and other stuff - that was a mistake. I believe that somewhere I still have a couple of sets of those strings as emergency spares. Whilst those strings came with an Aquila label they are certainly no match for ones bought in the proper packing from a reputable source - it’s anybody’s guess what was actually supplied to me and as a beginner I’d no idea that they were fake.

I expect that the Chinese think that they’re being very enterprising but I think that they are breaking your trust and terms of sale. Whatever, the moral here is to only buy your strings from reputable suppliers ....... and then hope that they haven’t been duped. It’s interesting about the envelopes, they are clearly different from yours yet it wouldn’t have been terribly difficult for the Chinese to have made virtually identical envelopes.

Last edited:
I understand to verify they are Aquila real strings, shine a blacklight, grow light, ultra violet on them, if they glow, they are real. I keep a small iltraviolet flashlight in my car.

I understand to verify they are Aquila real strings, shine a blacklight, grow light, ultra violet on them, if they glow, they are real. I keep a small iltraviolet flashlight in my car.

If I'm understanding the problem, it is that Mimmo is selling them the strings in bulk at a reduced price for use on ukuleles, but the company is cutting them up, repackaging them, and undercutting him with his own strings. They are real Aquilas, but they are cheating Mimmo, and no one wants to have that.

So I am wondering, I have always heard after eating Chinese food one is hungry 30 minutes later.
If you use Chinese Uke stings do they need changing 30 minutes later?

So I am wondering, I have always heard after eating Chinese food one is hungry 30 minutes later.
If you use Chinese Uke stings do they need changing 30 minutes later?

I've heard that American food makes you constipated. If you use American uke strings, does that mean you have trouble taking them off again?

I am glad the issue has been resolved, especially since it is easy to read the brand name on those picks that are in one of the pictures...

Last edited:
Top Bottom