Wanted Classical Scores for Baritone Ukulele

johnnysmash

Reaction score
I can find Classical Scores for guitar and guitalele, however I have not been able to locate any for Baritone Ukulele. Where can they be found for free or even cost if necessary.? I would like scores between beginner and intermediate. I love the Spanish sounding classical selections. Please provide all known sources. Thank you, johhnnysmash.

If I understand correctly what you’re looking for try Tony Mizen’s books. They’re written for GCEA tuning but that doesn’t matter. They work for Baritone. It’s just the names of the chords that are different. What would be a G on a tenor is a D on a baritone. I’m not sure if you are talking about playing alone or with others.

Also there is the issue of whether you’re playing with low D or high D. Once again it is not that important. Actually some pieces written for high D, or high G on a tenor sound good with their lower tunings.

If you need to really know the different names of the notes you’re playing or the chords, then there are those chord wheels where you can compare the names in different tunings. Or you can do the hard work, for some, of transposing everything.

Tony Mizen and others have transcribed Renaissance and Classical period pieces and they’re a delight to play.

I am going to give you a slightly “off kilter” idea that I have found useful. Hal Leonard publishes a huge series of books called “Easy Guitar with Notes and Tab.” All these books have that written in a little square on the upper left of the cover. I mention it because Hal Leonard has a zillion easy guitar books. This particular set works for baritone uke because what makes these arrangements “easy” is that they often use only the top 4 strings, which of course corresponds directly to the baritone tuning. Some examples are the following titles: Classical Melodies; J S Bach Easy Guitar; Great Classical Themes. You might check the Hal Leonard online website. Amazon usually has all these in stock. For that matter I have used this same series to play rock, jazz, and Celtic on the baritone. Occasionally if a note is on a 5th or 6th string you might have to adapt or transpose, but you might check this out. Good luck. I love the baritone for classical—it is somewhat reminiscent of a baroque guitar in sound.

Jon

Top Bottom