I had my first live gig today...

Tanizaki

Reaction score
...at my son's Montessori school. :shaka:

n1048495290_458661_295175.jpg

The tune was The Rainbow Connection. Based on the questions I got, I am afraid many of the parents are not going to be happy with me because I think a lot of the kids went home asking for ukuleles. :cool:

...at my son's Montessori school. :shaka:

n1048495290_458661_295175.jpg

The tune was The Rainbow Connection. Based on the questions I got, I am afraid many of the parents are not going to be happy with me because I think a lot of the kids went home asking for ukuleles. :cool:

I wonder if MGM could get em a bulk rate :D. Very cool and congrats. The kids look enthralled

This may be a dumb question, but what is a Montessori school?

Never mind...googled it :)

That is so cool, kids are awesome. I did some tutoring at a local elementary school and the experience was unforgettable. I love kids up to 5th grade, and seniors over 65, all other humans in between I can do without. :D

I like the Elliott Ness look. The faculty prolly' thought there was a Tommy Gun in the uke case! Seriously, I bet your son has a new celebrity status among the other students. They're all tellin' him what a cool dad he has. Ric

What songs did you play?

I just did one tune, "The Rainbow Connection" from classy Kermit the Frog. And yes, I still had a little bit of stage jitters where I fouled up a bit of the lyrics on the first verse, but I don't think the audience noticed it. ;) I have a video of it on my Facebook; I'll see if I can link it here later today.

The uke was a Big Island koa tenor, TR-KRGTE, that I got from MGM.
http://bigislandukulele.com/products/index.html#product03

Congrats on your first gig

Go Tanizaki! :rock:

Well done. The first step on the road to performance addiction! I bet the kids loved it. :shaka:

Top Bottom