Bridge Popped Off

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I posted this in the Building/Luthier section, but there have been only 1 or 2 people there, so I'll get a bigger audience here.
-------------------------------------------------------------

The bridge popped off a cigar box uke I made, so when I glued it back on, I added a couple of screws. It's secure, and it really doesn't affect the looks.

Opening the case of my Dewdrop uke, I saw that the bridge had popped off. I could just glue and clamp it and hope for the best, but I was thinking of doing something else. Suppose I glue the bridge in place and then drill through the bridge and the top for the strings. The strings would be secured inside the uke, so there would be no stress on the bridge. Screws would look completely out of place.

One problem is the bracing inside. There are two small strips of bracing that run under the bridge. I doubt it would be practical to drill through the bridge, the top, and the braces and attach the strings like that.

Maybe I should just rely on Titebond III and a clamp. Using the clamp will also be tricky with that bracing below the bridge.

Any suggestions gladly accepted.

Since Dewdrop appears to be a domestically built instrument, I'd contact the maker(s) and see what they advise, before doing anything.

bratsche

Since Dewdrop appears to be a domestically built instrument, I'd contact the maker(s) and see what they advise, before doing anything.

bratsche

I agree, it isn't that old.

Top Bottom