Strap to fit on a Kala Factory End-Pin Jack?

psesinkclee

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I just got my lovely solic Lacewood/Sitka Sprucs Kala Cutaway Tenor from Uke Republic (love it to death!!) and I'm having some trouble with the strap button (actually the endpin of the jack for the electronics).

Its really wide and non od the strap I have (and I've got a bunch) fit on the thing. I can't cut the holes on my straps any bigger because I don't want to risk the fabric fraying and possibly ruining the strap in the end.

Does anyone else have a factory kala endpin jack that uses a strap? Any brand/models would be helpful. If not I was thinking of getting a mando strap and popping the loop of the leather around the headstock and then using the shoestring through a hole on the other end to tie that tot he endpin.

Thanks!

ive always hated those endpin jacks. they are too wide for a standard strap. i have one of those on my pono though. and i actually bored out the hole on one of my straps to fit it over the button on the uke. its not one of those cheap nylon strap ends though. this one is actually pretty stiff leather. so yeah, i basically wasted it by making it proprietary for that one ukulele. but it works well.

if youre going to do this, work slow as you are reaming out the inner diameter of the strap end hole. check the fit every time you make another adjustment to ensure you get a nice snug fit. it shouldnt go on easily, but at the same time, it shouldnt be impossible either.

Did you also cut a slit up the end of the hole to make it a little easier to pop on and off when you need to?

I ripped a strap off of a child's beginner guitar (no i didn't steal from a child, it was one that a relative never uses anymore) and stretched it over it. Works great and is the perfect size!

On my Kala baritone, I just used a Guitar Hero controller strap (I have several) and what I'm calling a Martin strap button adaptor (something that wraps around the headstock to give you a top button).

On my Kala baritone, I just used a Guitar Hero controller strap (I have several) and what I'm calling a Martin strap button adaptor (something that wraps around the headstock to give you a top button).

I've seen that adapter in music stores before. I more just get that for the headstock end, then just the shoestring-like thing from a classical strap to tie the other end around the endpin..

Did you also cut a slit up the end of the hole to make it a little easier to pop on and off when you need to?
there was already a slit from the original hole. after boring the hole out a little bigger, there was still enough slit there to make it fairly easy to fit over the button. you shouldnt have to bore it out much. just enough to get it over the button, and not be all contorted once you have it on there.

Top Bottom