The dark side....

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Yeah, I've crossed over...

Just need to learn to play the darned thing now....

Fluke Timber Bass.jpg

9cqRq7Gm.png

:rock:

Congrat's! I started playing bass a little over a year ago, I enjoy that more than ukulele these days...

Oh, I thought you were gonna say banjo! ;)

Actually, I've had a five-string banjo since the mid-seventies, but I play a drop-thumb frailing style which... I have no idea what that means. Someone told me, back around 1979-80, that that was what I played.

I owned a bass once... In junior high school, I bought a Kent Bass for $25. I think I sold it about 6 months later, when I couldn't figure out how to tune it. And I didn't have an amp.

FEFCAC22-E86E-41E7-894A-46BFDE7F854B.jpg
Welcome to the dark side!!!

Actually, I've had a five-string banjo since the mid-seventies, but I play a drop-thumb frailing style which... I have no idea what that means. Someone told me, back around 1979-80, that that was what I played.

I owned a bass once... In junior high school, I bought a Kent Bass for $25. I think I sold it about 6 months later, when I couldn't figure out how to tune it. And I didn't have an amp.

Hahahahahaha!! Love it! Not having an amp for that bass definitely created some challenges! That brand name "Kent" is familiar, but I think it's probably just reminding me of my childhood days when my Mom would send me over to the gas station with a quarter and a nickel to buy her some Kent cigarettes from the machine! But, if the Kent cigarette folks DID make a bass, I'll bet it was smokin' !! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom