Baby

S11LKO

Reaction score
I did this a while ago but don't think I ever posted it. I certainly can't find it on UU today. Apologies if I did though.

The uke is an Ozark 2037 which was a 60th birthday present for me. I love the look and feel of it, but just not the sound it makes - and that despite making allowance for my lack of expertise in playing it. It doesn't ever seem to stay in tune, and the sound is flat and lifeless. It was supposed to have been properly set up before delivery but I don't think it was, and I'm not experienced enough to sort it. So I'm planning to take it to an 'expert' to tinker with - IF I can find one..uke technicians seem to be few and far between around this way!

Anyway, here it is. Any advice re the uke would be appreciated apart from 'Give up Dave, and take up cross stitch instead'! lol

Love it! Great job! Now, tech-wise, is it possible that one or more of those nut slots might be cut a little high? I say that only because it appears some of your strings ring very much in tune in the open position, but then go a bit sharp when fretted on the first or second fret... But that's just my un-schooled first impression, and again, the performance was awesome!

Love it! Great job! Now, tech-wise, is it possible that one or more of those nut slots might be cut a little high? I say that only because it appears some of your strings ring very much in tune in the open position, but then go a bit sharp when fretted on the first or second fret... But that's just my un-schooled first impression, and again, the performance was awesome!

Thanks for your kind comments and thoughts on what might be helping cause the problem Bill. I'll get that looked into.

Check the placement of the bridge on the banjo head in relation to the twelve fret.

Check the placement of the bridge on the banjo head in relation to the twelve fret.

Thanks LACole - that was the ONLY thing I knew to check on a uke (lol) but it seems ok...really appreciate your suggestion though.

How about the bracket hooks are they tightened equally around the head. They should have a nice ringing sound if tightened correctly.

Loved your performance! You're clearly having a great time playing and singing. (I need to work on my personal performance face, or maybe just go back to headless videos.) -Kevin

Dave, you are getting to where you are really suited musically. If that Ukulele does not do it for you then find another similar one. Its definitely for you!
Great entertaining stuff!
Mike

Top Bottom