Slow Delivery

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I can understand a somewhat slow delivery when an item (a ukulele) is coming from halfway around the world, but Florida to NY takes 12 hours by car. I ordered a Recording King banjo uke from eBay on 11/20. A label wasn't created till a week later, and it's still "In Transit" somewhere. I bought this from leonardos302, in case you want to remember that name.

I've gotten most of my orders - even from Hawaii - in under a week.

Whoops! Make that 24 hours driving from Florida.

Last edited:
Seller is slow to process, how many sales do they have? Probably created the label and it's still sitting around...

Even the USPS can screw up. Our postman messed me up last week...but I know how hard that job must be so I just wished him a good day.

I wouldn't sweat it just yet. It's only been 10 days since you ordered, and 4 of those days were a Holiday weekend. Plus you've got weather delays & the Christmas mailing season to contend with now.

Hi Jerry, I think RafterGirl makes a fair point. I too experienced some out-of-the-ordinary delays due to the intervention of the Holiday weekend; hang in there, it'll be worth the wait!

Last edited:
Store says they were out the entire Thanksgiving week:
https://www.ebay.com/str/Leonardos-302?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
We will be out of the office for Thanksgiving week and return 11/26. All packages should ship by 11/27. We will be monitoring emails during this time. Happy Thanksgiving!

So at best it has been on the road for 4 days? Really not that much time.

I don't see that on the listings so it is understandable you might not have seen that when making the purchase. But did you try to contact the seller before griping here? I'm not trying to be antagonistic. "Just sayin"

First World problems Jerry. You got what 40-some odd ukes, I think you can keep busy until this one arrives:p

Buying from a unknow private seller through ebay will leave you open to these "risks". I feel ya, it's happened to me.

Last edited:
I appreciate your efforts in trying to bail out the seller, but I get packages almost every day, and nothing takes two weeks to get here, even from China, Japan, and Hawaii.

I see now that I might get it on Monday. I hope so. Regardless what excuses there might be, it's still taking two weeks to get to me.

Just yesterday I encountered an issue with FedEx. I made an order on Monday from an online store in the San Fransisco area (I'm in Los Angeles, about an 8 hour drive). Tuesday I received an email from FedEx that the label was created. Later I received another that the package is in transit, delivered by the end of Friday. I knew I had to sign for the package so I made sure I would be home all day Friday. Wednesday I received another that the package will arrive Friday, same thing Thursday and Friday morning. I also checked the FedEx tracking site to confirm the email.

I'm home waiting all day Friday, checking the web site, it shows in transit to be delivered by the end of the day Friday. Waiting, waiting, waiting, practice uke, practice bass uke for a gig coming up. About 5:45 PM I look at the tracking site and it no longer shows delivery for Friday, it only shows in transit. I get angry and call Fedex, but 5 times in a row I get to the customer service section and it hangs up on me. Now I'm really pissed off. The 6th try I get through but put on hold for 25 minutes, which is good for them because it gave me time to calm down.

Finally a rep comes on and and I explain, she put me on hold to check with the local office, came back and said that the package will be delivered on Saturday. I ask if she's absolutely sure about that, she says yes, absolutely on Saturday. I hang up, but skeptical. About 8:30 PM I check the tracking site and it shows delivery by the end of the day Monday. I curse them out as I call again, put on hold for another 20 minutes. When the rep answers, I explain in no uncertain terms how angry I am, especially that it will not be Saturday as the other rep said. This rep said it's a ground shipment that is never delivered on Saturdays. I told him all the email notification and online are purple, not green (ground color coding).

He tried to make an excuse that when the label is created, FedEx automatically calculates a delivery date, but the company didn't give them the package until over 24 hours later. I told him that's a stupid system, the delivery date should only be calculated when they receive the package, not when a label is created. The rep agreed and said he'd send in a notice about my complaint and tried to console me by setting up the delivery for Monday morning, no later than noon. I absolutely will not believe it until it happens.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Last edited:
I have had several unbelievably BAD experiences with FedEx. Twice I was left a note on my door(no knocking), saying they tried to deliver but I wasn't home - meanwhile I was maybe 20' from the door, on my computer all day. I always choose a different carrier when given a choice.

Just yesterday I encountered an issue with FedEx. I made an order on Monday from an online store in the San Fransisco area (I'm in Los Angeles, about an 8 hour drive). Tuesday I received an email from FedEx that the label was created. Later I received another that the package is in transit, delivered by the end of Friday. I knew I had to sign for the package so I made sure I would be home all day Friday. Wednesday I received another that the package will arrive Friday, same thing Thursday and Friday morning. I also checked the FedEx tracking site to confirm the email.

I'm home waiting all day Friday, checking the web site, it shows in transit to be delivered by the end of the day Friday. Waiting, waiting, waiting, practice uke, practice bass uke for a gig coming up. About 5:45 PM I look at the tracking site and it no longer shows delivery for Friday, it only shows in transit. I get angry and call Fedex, but 5 times in a row I get to the customer service section and it hangs up on me. Now I'm really pissed off. The 6th try I get through but put on hold for 25 minutes, which is good for them because it gave me time to calm down.

Finally a rep comes on and and I explain, she put me on hold to check with the local office, came back and said that the package will be delivered on Saturday. I ask if she's absolutely sure about that, she says yes, absolutely on Saturday. I hang up, but skeptical. About 8:30 PM I check the tracking site and it shows delivery by the end of the day Monday. I curse them out as I call again, put on hold for another 20 minutes. When the rep answers, I explain in no uncertain terms how angry I am, especially that it will not be Saturday as the other rep said. This rep said it's a ground shipment that is never delivered on Saturdays. I told him all the email notification and online are purple, not green (ground color coding).

He tried to make an excuse that when the label is created, FedEx automatically calculates a delivery date, but the company didn't give them the package until over 24 hours later. I told him that's a stupid system, the delivery date should only be calculated when they receive the package, not when a label is created. The rep agreed and said he'd send in a notice about my complaint and tried to console me by setting up the delivery for Monday morning, no later than noon. I absolutely will not believe it until it happens.

Well, my last delivery, of some small items, took 4 days to travel about 40miles! :wallbash:

And you think you got it bad....... :smileybounce:

I have had several unbelievably BAD experiences with FedEx. Twice I was left a note on my door(no knocking), saying they tried to deliver but I wasn't home - meanwhile I was maybe 20' from the door, on my computer all day.
Yeah, that happened with my custom Jupiter. Boy, was I pi**ed! :mad: Last week my Black Friday impulse got left out by the trash cans. At least Sweetwater (not Fedex) let me know it had been delivered so I'd know to go look for it. *sigh*

I have had several unbelievably BAD experiences with FedEx. Twice I was left a note on my door(no knocking), saying they tried to deliver but I wasn't home - meanwhile I was maybe 20' from the door, on my computer all day. I always choose a different carrier when given a choice.

Here's my followup to the FedEx crap from above; my brother and I were out for breakfast, got back about 11:30 am. We're hanging around my apartment, sitting in the living room about 15 feet from the front door, I go into the office to look at my computer, there's three emails from FedEx that my package was delivered. HUH, it's supposed to be Monday after all the hassle. So we open the door to go down to the lobby to see if it's really there, except it's sitting on the floor in front of my door. No, the driver never knocked or pressed the doorbell, just left it there and took off. FedEx, stick it where the sun don't shine.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Last edited:
Interesting, in New Zealand, most, if not all sellers will not deliver to PO boxes.

Last edited:

This is interesting as my wife's company ships exclusively with FedEx and they do not deliver home deliveries here on Mondays. They ship all of her wine to her and Mondays are the only weekday that we can be assured that wine that needs to be signed for will not show up. Tracking with FedEx is all over the board. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes stuff just shows up.

Tracking with FedEx is all over the board. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes stuff just shows up.

I think that's true with any shipping method. My USPS mail has very random delivery, including nothing for several days, and then 2 different deliveries by 2 different people (in uniform) on a Sunday.
UPS can also be hit or miss for me.

Until just recently, FedEx was very reliable for me, (to a FedEx office and not my home, though), but even that has had some glitches recently, including one where FedEx reassigned it to a different address, (still a FedEx pickup location, at least), without notifying me, and that's not what was on the shipper's label.The shipper had the correct address.

USPS is still the worst option for me, with items taking up to 3 months to get to me, even if it's shipped from the next state over.

I think that's true with any shipping method. My USPS mail has very random delivery, including nothing for several days, and then 2 different deliveries by 2 different people (in uniform) on a Sunday.
UPS can also be hit or miss for me.

Until just recently, FedEx was very reliable for me, (to a FedEx office and not my home, though), but even that has had some glitches recently, including one where FedEx reassigned it to a different address, (still a FedEx pickup location, at least), without notifying me, and that's not what was on the shipper's label.The shipper had the correct address.

USPS is still the worst option for me, with items taking up to 3 months to get to me, even if it's shipped from the next state over.
Yes, I agree that there is not one carrier that is better than the other. I've had my problems with UPS and USPS as well. I have two homes and I am always forwarding mail from one to the other, depending on where I am and how long I will be there. USPS does a pretty good job for me, but they have failed me on occasion. The thing is that the mail carrier is the person responsible for forwarding it. Sometimes my mail carrier has a bad day, and we all suffer for it. One thing that is handy, is that I can have UPS deliver packages to my USPS post office box. I live in a gated condominium and UPS won't deliver to it because they can't get inside. The other is that some companies will not ship to Puerto Rico and so I have them ship to my residence in Iowa instead. USPS will then forward it to PR. I have no idea why companies won't ship to PR, but some don't. I believe that people in Hawaii and Alaska have problems with that same issue. I guess if we lived in a perfect world everything would work much better. :)

I think that it is crazy that you have to wait three months for USPS. My mother-in-law sends packages from Iowa to PR by USPS and it seldom takes more than four days to get there. Same going to other direction.

Last edited:
I think that it is crazy that you have to wait three months for USPS. My mother-in-law sends packages from Iowa to PR by USPS and it seldom takes more than four days to get there. Same going to other direction.

It doesn't always take 3 months, but has. For some reason, my post office seems worst than most, and that's well known in this area. I go to the next town over to mail really important things, and that's what most people I know here do. But, unless I got a PO Box, that doesn't work for receiving things.

Top Bottom