Help from my Hawaiian Braddahs

PihSant

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a Ko'Aloha uke. Does anyone know if they are cheaper if you go to the factory and look for a scratch and dent one? Also, do you know anybody sells any used ukes at the Aloha Stadium or Kam swap meet? Mahalo

Last time I was there I know two people were selling ukes, but they were new ukes. One was one the north end and the other was located on the east side. Who knows, maybe they might have used ones now. I know one guy that checks out pawn shops and he's found a couple of good ones. With the Batu problem in Hawaii now, people pawning all kinds of stuff now. Good luck cuz.:shaka:

I'm trying to get a Ko'Aloha uke. Does anyone know if they are cheaper if you go to the factory and look for a scratch and dent one? Also, do you know anybody sells any used ukes at the Aloha Stadium or Kam swap meet? Mahalo

if you head over to the factory they might have some scratch and dent.. there are several people on this site that have gotten there uke that way. i myself bought a scratch and dent used off ebay.. it sounds amazing!!! i do have a NEW one on order..

so i think yes!

when i was out at the swap shop i saw a few.. but all new..

call the people over there.. and while you are at it.. take the factory tour!

d

Yea definitely stop by the factory if you can. You will love the tour and they do tend to have factory seconds for a steal of a price. Which size are you looking to get?

Brah, why no call and ask 'em. You stay in Honolulu, no? KoAloha is in the industrial area by Kapalama Canal across from HCC .
744 Kohou Street
Honolulu, HI 96817,
Phone: (808) 847-4911

Yeah if you're in Honolulu just go and stop by their factory. Its pretty much hidden in the back of like a bunch of warehouses. It'd be impossible to find if they didn't have the sign out on the main road. But they do have factory seconds there. I don't remember exactly how much they cost, but I think it was in the range of 25-33% off retail. So not bad deals.

Thanks for everybody's help and suggestions. I'm going to the factory tomorrow to check it out. I'm trying to get a tenor. I'll also try the swap meet this weekend. I've been checking out the uke shops and Pua Pua in the Pacific Beach Hotel gives kama'aina in case anybody wants. It's 10%. And the prices aren't too jacked up considering it is in Waikiki. Mahalo:shaka:

thanks on the heads up on puapua. they got some valley made `ukulele that i'd like to get my hands on. i keep my id just fort he kama`aina rates. it just gets weird when i take my family to hanauma bay and i get in free with my `ohana and my wife has to pay. lol

Thanks for everybody's help and suggestions. I'm going to the factory tomorrow to check it out. I'm trying to get a tenor. I'll also try the swap meet this weekend. I've been checking out the uke shops and Pua Pua in the Pacific Beach Hotel gives kama'aina in case anybody wants. It's 10%. And the prices aren't too jacked up considering it is in Waikiki. Mahalo:shaka:
You might as well check Dan's Guitars on Beretania and McCully. He one authorized dealer (Kamaka, KoAloha) and might be cheaper than Pua Pua.

You might as well check Dan's Guitars on Beretania and McCully. He one authorized dealer (Kamaka, KoAloha) and might be cheaper than Pua Pua.

If I'm reading that sign correctly in the picture on that website, KoAloha Concert for 490$ and Pono PTS for 340$, deff check that place out that's a steal

That might be an old photo used when the site was designed. Best bet would be to call or drop in for current prices.

I actually checked out Dan's and the prices weren't that great. I like that store a lot. I bought my bass guitar from them, but their ukes were pretty much average going price. Which kinda bummed me out, because I'd love to give them my business. I'm leaving Hawaii in a couple of months and I wanted to get a nice local made uke before I leave. I fell in love with Koalohas so I'm looking around for a good price. My first uke is a Kala tenor. I just wanted to see if I'd like playing. Now that I know I like it, I want to get a nicer one.

Maybe 'ebay'?...

Easy Music Center has the best prices on the island. Dans is good if you've got a trade in. Otherwise, EMC has prices pretty close the the prices for factory seconds. Actually EMC raised their prices about 5% or so on their more expensive ukes recently (more accurately, they cut the discount,) but they offer about 25% or more off MSRP on all most ukes. They've easily got better prices than Dans on instruments (Dans has about 15% off MSRP on ukes in general.) However, Dans and Island Guitar, while they have higher prices (WAY higher in the case of Island Guitar...expect to pay MSRP on everything) they carry more high-end models. However, if you're looking for a KoAloha, you should have little problem finding it at EMC.

On an off note, Dan's has been having supplier problems for uke strings, which is annoying because they were the only place in town that I knew to get D'Addarios and Worths. And now I'm playing the waiting game with MGM for him to stock some worths. (I'm a good driver but, driving-adverse because I'm lazy and have fallen in love with public transportation and being chouffered, so I can just sit around and relax, sort of like effortless teleportation, but slower...aiea or kailua is too far to drive for just strings.)

Thanks for all you help. I ended up going to Ko'Aloha's factory and getting a factory second tenor. I love it:D So if anyone's looking I definitely reccomend checking out their warehouse. Also, Pua Pua in the Pacific Beach Hotel has a factory second Ko'Aloha tenor for $700 if anyone's looking. 10% Kama'Aina. Mahalo :shaka:

Right on braddah! you get closure to your quest.
I going cruise over there and see if they get factory seconds pineapples. :D

Top Bottom