!st Banjo Uke

senior

Reaction score
I have built a dozen Ukuleles just because I like building them. Not for profit, not even for Ebay. All but one of my ukes have gone to friends and relatives. Seems like there is always someone waiting for me to finish the next one. I wanted to try something for myself, besides the one I kept for myself. A banjo Ukulele.
I bought a 10 inch tunable hand drum, a few banjo parts from Elderly and a tenor neck, finger board and tuners from Hana Lima Ia. Here is the finished instrument. I am pleased with it. It is very loud.:D

Attachments

• baninter.jpg
    baninter.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 71
That looks awesome! Do have pictures of you other 'ukuleles too?

:)I used a 19 mm nylon dowel inserted into the neck and attached to the pot with a dowel neck brace that I bought from Elderly. Then I put an !/4 X 20 Insert into the end of the dowel and attached with a stainless bolt to the otherside of the pot. The bolt also holds the tail piece bracket in place. I don't have pictures of all the uke's but I will post the pictures of the ones I have. I am on my way to the eye doctor right now. Cataract surgery may be in my future. Will post pics tonight or friday.:cool:

That looks awesome! Do have pictures of you other 'ukuleles too?

:)These are the only pictures I have of the uke's I built. The first one is a concert with a tenor neck. Mrytle back and sides with a redwood sound board. 2nd is a straight tenor with Brazilian rosewood back and sides with a spruce sound board. The 3rd one is an experiment. Tenor with upper and lower bout at the proper dimention but I removed the waist. I also added 5/16 inch to the depth of the body. Back, sides and neck are walnut and sound board is redwood. Made for low G tuning. Has a deep dark sound with lots of sustain.:)

Attachments

• myconc.jpg
    myconc.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 29
  • myten.jpg
    myten.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 31
  • mytry.jpg
    mytry.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 32
WOW, Mahalo, nice work. I am drawn to your pineapple 'ukulele, what size, and kind of wood?

It is a tenor. Walnut back, sides and neck. Ebony finger board and over lay on the head. Sound board is redwood.:)

Top Bottom