NUD: Southern Cross Fantail

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I had my eye on this one for quite a while, and I decided I'd better buy it before someone else did. As many of you know, Southern Cross ukes are made by Dennis O'Neill, in New Zealand. It is named after the fantail bird, a very popular species in New Zealand. I received it just seven days after I ordered it, while I'm still waiting over two weeks for a uke from Florida!

It's made of Tasmanian blackwood, purple heart, and claret ash. It looks and feels great in person, and it has a very warm sound. This will be a keeper!

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Congratulations Jerry. Dennis makes some fabulous instruments, I love his use of Purple Heart.
Hope to have one myself someday.

Cheers,

Steve.

Lucky you. Wish I had the money. I'd buy that banjo uke he's selling.

I had my eye on this one for quite a while, and I decided I'd better buy it before someone else did. As many of you know, Southern Cross ukes are made by Dennis O'Neill, in New Zealand. It is named after the fantail bird, a very popular species in New Zealand. I received it just seven days after I ordered it, while I'm still waiting over two weeks for a uke from Florida!

It's made of Tasmanian blackwood, purple heart, and claret ash. It looks and feels great in person, and it has a very warm sound. This will be a keeper!

View attachment 113958 View attachment 113959 View attachment 113960

Hi Jerry,
Glad it arrived safe ,sound, and on time.

Terrific looking uke. I love the simple lines of the design and the woods are lovely.

Nice to know they sound good too. Have fun with it.

Top Bottom