PDA

View Full Version : Body size of vintage Ovation Glenn Campbell signature

UkingViking
12-08-2018, 05:32 AM
Hi UU,

So, I need to find a christmas gift for my father - a man who has everything he needs.
He bought a gigbag for his old Ovation, since the hardcase is too heavy when he needs to carry it. I heard him complain that the all purpose gigbag the store sold him is not a good fit, so I guess an Ovation gigbag is an idea for a gift right there.

I am looking at the Ovation page, and I see that there gigbags come in two sizes: Shallow and mid/deep.
Does anyone know which is the right size for a vintage Glenn Campbell signature model?
Reading the description on the Ovation page, it starts out stating that it "features a vintage style, shallow, Lyrachord body", but the specifications say "Body: Lyrachord Mid Depth".
So which is it?

I am guessing that they just describe even their mid depth bodys as shallow, but don't want to give him another too big gigbag.

UkingViking
12-08-2018, 09:14 AM
No quick responses, went with the medium gigbag.
The shallow didnt seem available anyway.

merlin666
12-08-2018, 01:06 PM
This question does not have an easy answer. There were many reissues with varying bowl sizes. Some of the discussion is here http://www.ovationfanclub.com/megabbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=48497&posts=15&highlight=Campbell%20&highlightmode=1#M545295
There is also a GC forum with more details on the various iterations. Medium or deep is probably a good idea.