Mandobird?

smgold101

Reaction score
Anyone know about these? Yay Nay? Theres a picture in case u dont know what im talking about. Thanks
From what im seeing it says its a mandolin lol which goes with the name. It was advertised as electric ukulele.

Attachments

• mando.jpg
    mando.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I've tried one of these out as a mando, as I'm also a mandolin player. They do 4 and 8 string versions. I've not tried the 4 string. The 8 string seemed kind of fun.

I think Rigk at Risa markets some of his electric ukes as also being electric 4-string mandolins. If the scale lengths are similar between the Risa and the Mandobird, then I don't see any reason why the right gauge of strings shouldn't enable uke usage. Even if not at standard uke pitch, then certainly it should be possible to have uke interval tuning in one or another key.

I've recently retuned and restrung my 8 string mandolin to a 4 string low G uke and I am loving the sound and playing with a pick. It still sounds like a mandolin but easier for me to play with the GCEA tuning.

I just bought a used 4 string Mandobird and I'm waiting to receive it. They look and seem pretty cool....plus they have a pickup!

Top Bottom