Its Official!

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
So this morning I was awoken by my son. He was on our bed and saying "lele" over and over again. I soon realized her was pointing at the ukulele on the side of my bed when he was saying it. I picked it up and started strumming it for him, he then proceeded to work his way into my lap and attempted to hold the uke like I was. I'm so proud!! :D

Great story. How the love was handed down from father to son...

Just for the record, we may take it your son is not 24 or something? That would be a bit awkward... :D

Uke on! :music: :music: :music:

Sounds awesome!

So this morning I was awoken by my son. He was on our bed and saying "lele" over and over again. I soon realized her was pointing at the ukulele on the side of my bed when he was saying it. I picked it up and started strumming it for him, he then proceeded to work his way into my lap and attempted to hold the uke like I was. I'm so proud!! :D

My daughter (three) is patiently waiting for Daddy to finish building her a Grizzly kit. I have a hard time playing in the house before her bedtime, because she'll come racing into whatever room I'm in and beg to play. Being a softie, of course, I let her sit with me and strum while I finger chords. The best part - she pronounces it "Ookoolaylay" and corrects people who say "Youkoolaylee".

We're calling Colin's uke a "guitar" until he can master a few more sounds. But when he's ready, it will be called a ukulele.

he is 19 months old. :) He gets a Mahalo from MGM once he starts playing chords.

nice story! i can remember when i kind of had a kid.. it a long long story about an ex.. anyway.. it was amazing to have a little one.. and when they start to do stuff that you like.. they pick up the things that you play with.. and start to do it themselves... it was fun.. sounds like you got a good dose of that!! the little guy i had would play the harp also!! fun stuff.. thanks for sharing andy!

d

My kid won me a new tenor from MGM. She can't mow yet but at least she is finally starting to turn a little profit.

I felt the same way when my little brother (I'm too young to have kids right now lol) picked up a uke of mine. I walked in the room and he was fretting and strumming then saying "that sounds ugly" until he ended up getting a C Chord on his own and said it sounded nice :p

my nephews love coming to my house cause im the cool uncle that still has toys and the such. They always want to get the ukulele out and strum on it. I'm thinking this chrismas might be a good time to set them up with a cheap beginner uke. Oh and the youngest calls it a youka-lady :D

I had a flashback of my dad and me from almost 50 years ago.

I just finished my sons ukulele. Sweet tenor made from a cigar box. He loves it, but not in such a cute and cuddly way. He's 16, plays the bass guitar and stands about 3 inches taller than me.

Top Bottom