Most Favoritist Ever

i am so so so new to this! i don't listen to a lot of major ukulele players as of yet.

i have to say i get exited when i see Danyelle Ate The Sandwich posts a new video!!! i have her CD and i think i wore it out!

i also like AG quite a bit!! his newest song is GREAT!

i also watch julia nunes videos quite a bit.. she is how i came to discover the ukulele.. about 10 months ago...

humm yeah..

of our UU memebers..

RussBuss
Krabbers
Uki

are my fav at the moment.. but his changes day to day! there are so many great players out there!

d

yea I'm with dominic, is it weird to say I don't really have one? I tend to focus on the song being played rather then the person playing, hopping all around not really sticking to 1 single artist...sorry to crash your thread =\

now if you asked for favorite single performances, I could go on and on :p

EDIT: cpatch said it perfectly without sounding like a narcissist

Last edited:
Me. I'm the only player I know who can play like total crap and yet I still enjoy every note.

Though question.. It's mostly UU members I listen to.
Some of my favorittes (in no specific order)
BaronK
Deach
GrumpyCoyoteTunes (won me over with Cursed, An Outlaw's Song, which now is amongst the top 20 most played on my MP3 ;))
Doggey9 (Don't remeber his UU name)
Seeso

and least but not last, a non UU member I listen to is Julia Nunes

Last edited:
My most favoritest is Jake.

But I'm also really fond of deach's videos and I really like Aldrine's CD. But there are lots of others I like too. Have you ever seen Uki's Pink Martini cover? Little tomaotes -- or something like that. (I'm too lazy to look up the title.)

I would have to say Jake and IZ for me but I have not spent a lot of time looking at member videos or YouTube performances...

Much as stated above, I listen mostly to my fellow UU players. Its the same with banjo, I listen far and away more to people who are more or less like me, people with day jobs that have a love for music.

Aldrine's CD is on the current playlist mixed with Jakes stuff that I listen too on my ipod and car.. BUT all time Fav is still IZ...

Love Bumpin Red and Silky from AG.. Has a great Bass on that song.. People are starting to ask who it is at stop lights.... :shaka:

As far as YT.. Too many to list..

I really like Jake S. ( the reason I took up uke!) but Taimane G. is really good too! :music: :shaka:

Really hard to say... "Favorite" is a broad term for me and m taste changes regularly.

If I MUST pick a favorite – Roy Smeck.

Jake and James Hill come to mind for “virtuosos”, but my playlist is more likely to include Ken Middleton, Dominator, or Aldrine these days.

Then there is the huge list of folks I follow on Youtube that use a uke, but are more like singer/songwriter types – honestly too big of a list for here, but they tend to be the bulk of what I listen to these days…

I get excited to see any new performances by the folks I subscribe to on YT. And my subscribed list gets bigger every day. Even if it's a person's first performance it makes me feel good that they've decided to express themselves in music. "Yay for them!" I'm thinking..

er, what was the question?:)

I get excited to see any new performances by the folks I subscribe to on YT. And my subscribed list gets bigger every day.

My sub list gets bigger every day too! Baron, Julia, Russbuss, krabbers, Deach; those are some of my favorites on YouTube. I have a Jake CD that I love, and both Julia's CD's which have some great songwriting. I will be getting Aldrine's CD soon as well. His latest, Under The Covers, is wonderful.

So much music, it is incredible.

FBG

yeah, i have a lot of faves on youtube. 90% of music now is listened to through youtube or is by youtubers - uki, ken, deach, krabbers, russbuss doogey9, casetone2514, ukuleleuncle, grumps, lisaxy, baj - the list could go on for ages!

Of course,Jake! Also enjoy Taimane and Aldrine...and my daughter...:p

My Dad without a doubt.

Well, no one in particular - actually my favourite GROUP of artists is the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain because they combine talent, showmanship and humour.

I admire every ukulele player who is better than I am. And since that list is long and the space here short, I won't bore you with them all. Many of you are on it.

But I admit to a secret admiration for George Formby because I was brought up listening to him and loved his movies. My father used to sing his songs in the car when were were travelling.

Top Bottom