Two Baby Baritone Ukulele

Yup, very impressive. I'm intrigued alright... I do have one niggling thought though: how will the top hold up structurally over time? I'm not saying it won't be just fine but do we have enough data yet? Time will tell. This is not going to stop me from experimental with it however. Thanks Pete.

Picture of the concept (Taylor Guitars)

tayor V.jpg

I'm always in favour of eating ones hat! But seriously, I hadn't heard of the Taylor V bracing system until you mentioned it a few weeks ago, so it's interesting to hear of its successful use on a baritone instrument. That encourages me to try it on a tenor at some point in the near future.

You mention that it's loud. On Youtube some say that the bass response is diminished on guitars with the V bracing. Are you able to say in a few words how you would characterise the 'sound' of this baritone? (I find it difficult to judge when listening to a video clip!)

Hey Pete! I love the sound coming from both ukes here. However, there's too many differences to really compare the two, particularly the sound port. I'd lean towards the cedar top one for playing around the house and ported one for competing with the Banjo-Uke boys at the ukulele club.

Top Bottom