uke case fit and padding

merlin666

Reaction score
I bought an old used tenor uke in a store and managed to get a case with it, but it's not a perfect fit. It's a drop shaped case, like a violin case and the uke rattles around in it for a bit. For now I have folded up a small towel that is stuff in at the top, but it's not the best solution. Does anyone have any better suggestion, or is aware of some material that can be cut to custom size?

I got a uke case or two from the Hawaii Music Store (theuklulelesite.com) that had a flexible, padded piece of material about 12" long. For a uke that's too small for the case, it fits nicely at the end of the case to cushion the bout. Another case I bought had a similar piece of padding, but it was zippered, and the strap for the case was inside it. That was a Crossrock fiberglass soprano case. HMS said that they made up those pads themselves. Email them, and you might be able to buy one. On the other hand, anyone handy with a sewing machine could buy some fabric and padding and make one in a couple of minutes. Even using a needle and thread, you could make one while watching TV.

Go to eBay and search for uke cases, there are a ton, I've bought a number of good ones that way.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

I've cut pieces of plastic packing foam to fit and fill out a loose case.

and here I thought the space around the uke was for the bag of weed :rolleyes:

Top Bottom