Sleeveless Sanding Drums

Timbuck

Reaction score
I've noticed that Axminster are now selling "sleeveless sanding drums"
better than buying ready made sleeves...I might buy some co's I've got loads of abrasive strips lying around...and they are not very expensive at £15 ish
sleeveless drums.jpg

Last edited:
I'd have thought you'd've knocked one of those up on the milling machine Ken. Still, they are cheap

(edit: ordered one!)
Max

Last edited:
I'd have thought you'd've knocked one of those up on the milling machine Ken. Still, they are cheap

(edit: ordered one!)
Max
At this time of the year..I can't be bothered making things in the cold workshop...I've just been in there to warm it up a bit before I go back in to glue a neck on later today...in the past I have fixed worn out sleeves by gluing fresh abrasive around the old.

I've been using such sanding drums for decades. They work fine. Mine are Singley brand, I believe. Fine grits on thin paper tend to wear out at the bend into the slot before the grit is gone, and you might find that the oblong tubes used to jam the paper in the slot has to be wrapped in masking tape to jam thin papers. The thin-stock wrenches are easy to lose.

Hi everyone,

I bought one of these from axminster a few months ago and was not that happy with it. The main problem I encountered was that the drums were not concentric and would wobble quite a bit.

Hi everyone,

I bought one of these from axminster a few months ago and was not that happy with it. The main problem I encountered was that the drums were not concentric and would wobble quite a bit.

Thanks for the heads up

Top Bottom