Collings uke production plans...currently none.

Doc_J

Reaction score
Just had a reply from Collings customer service to my inquiry regarding any Tenor Uke production plans.

“Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in our Tenor ukes. We're always happy to help.

Unfortunately no, there hasn't been any talk of making more ukes anytime in the near future. We still have all our templates. molds and fixtures....so hopefully the day will come that we can start making them again.”

Bummer. But there’s still a chance that down the road it is a possibility...if not a probability.

I think Bill made all the ukes -- one reason they're so special.

Thanks for updating us. I've been wondering about that, and hoping that they would do another run of ukuleles. Doesn't sound likely, though at least the possibility exists for some time in the future.

My understanding is they did ukes because Bill enjoyed doing them. With him gone, I seriously doubt they will make them again. From a business standpoint, it's understandable. Guitars and mandolins sell at much higher prices and volumes. And they seem to have a hard time keeping up with demand, so in terms of maximizing profits, there's little incentive to offer ukes (lower profit per unit, lower volume).

It's because of the above I haven't come to terms with selling my UC3MSB, despite several offers at what I was asking. If I still had one of the Collings tenors I sold, it would be easier to pull the trigger. But I fear Collings will be harder and harder to come by.

Ah, maybe someday I'll stumble on another reasonable buy on a UT2 Doghair or a UT3MSB. ;-)

Eddie

Top Bottom