Router speeds?

mikeyb2

Reaction score
I have the Bosch palm router, as many of you do. It is the fixed speed version, which seems to be the only option here in the UK, or at least it was when I bought it. I have never liked it, as it vibrates like hell and is extremely noisy.
A while back i bought a voltage controller to adjust the speed, and although it works, I have no idea what speed I'm dialling in. It would be nice to know.
So I came across a video on Youtube by our friend Matthias Wandel. In the video he uses a Snark tuner and a note/hz/rpm chart to determine the rpm of the router.
I have tried to find such a chart online to no avail, can anyone help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2oyVvkvBiQ

P.s. I know I could pause the video and copy the chart, but I'm looking for the easy way!

Thanks, I realise that but was looking for an easy way. Looks like I'll have to sit down and do a few 60x calculations. Cheers Mike.

Have you considered a model airplane tachometer or a model airplane tachometer application for your smartphone?

A tachometer measures rpm. There's inexpensive ones ~$25 for model airplanes that look at reflective tape on the propeller, then tell you what the rpm of the prop is.

There are also applications that use the microphone to listen to the repetitive noise and give the frequency, kind of like the tuner apps.

Top Bottom