Good, Cheap Tuner

Jerryc41

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, someone mentioned a tuner for $1.99 from Austin Bazaar (TX). They sell various musical items. I ordered ten tuners for $9.95 delivered.

It is a surprisingly nice tuner. It's the standard largish size, with a body about 1.75" tall. I attached that and my little D'Addario to my Klos tenor, and each tuner worked about the same. Like most tuners, the Eno turns green when the needle is centered. I tend to misplace tuners, leave them around the house, and leave them in uke cases. Being able to get five for under $10 is a good deal.

https://www.austinbazaar.com/eno-et33-chromatic-digital-tuner-clip-on-black-eno-et33.html

Last edited:
That's a steal! At first I thought it sounded too good to be true because of shipping costs, but nope, the site has free shipping for everything. I need a couple of these for my new ukes

I got one of these from Austin Bazaar with my first ukulele five years ago. It is still going strong. I've probably only changed batteries in it three or four times. I bought another one a few years ago and I think I paid six bucks for it, so $1.99 is crazy cheap. It makes me want to buy ten more of them at that price. That's cheaper than the batteries for it.

Thanks for the heads up. With the ukes my group donates via The Ukulele Kids Club that we give away at UCLA/Mattel Children's Hospital, we include a tuner, which I've been buying directly from China for about $2.50 to $3.00 each. This is a great deal, I ordered 20.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Another vote here for the ENO ET-33. They are easy to use, seem to work reliably and seem to be accurate. Dependant on how you buy them they are very affordable - I’ve bought mine individually direct from China via eBay. Batteries seem to last about a year in them before the display and backlight become too weak to use and those batteries can also be reasonably inexpensive to replace. I’ve been using these Tuners for several years and have bought spares ready to give away or use when needed. They seem robust enough to me though I somehow did manage to break one (the clip to body joint gave way) but at what little I paid for it it’s hard to complain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom